Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
taurus 94 3.8 v6 sedan

cuz yesterday i went to the max of the car on a perfect road lolllll about 182 km or 108 mile

and then the car started too jump on acceleration the crappy rev limiter just did is fucking job

oh and pointer my car since i have no cat it more responsive and with all my trimming ive got about 500 k out of a thank of gaz normally i get 400

and for the guy who where asking for the oil additive my and most of my friend over here and even the penzoil franchise are using this here and my tranny was making foam a lot of it and now not not a bit even the engine is behaving better and cooler lollllllll all hail the lucas motor oil product :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
I think I speak for all of us when I say, "Huh?!" :headscratch:

I have no idea what they heck that post is about. :(

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
...and the essex lived hapilly ever after... :blink:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I read over that once. And then again. And then again. And I still have no clue.

oh and pointer my car
Don't pointer your car in public...because you might get a ticket for lewd behavior...

cat it more responsive and with all my trimming
If I trimmed my cat, she'd probably be more responsive, too.

500 k out of a thank of gaz
I thanked Gaz, and he didn't give me $500k. He just slapped my ass and called me Suzy.

My brain hurts. *rubs head*

But uh...good luck with all that. :thumb:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Here follows a translation:

I drive a 1994 Taurus with the 3.8 engine.

At this point, you have to refer back to the thread's title: "The Rev Limiter Is At 4500 RPM Or More". I know this because yesterday, I was driving along a secluded stretch of straight highway, and decided to find my car's top speed. I thereunto found the approximate speed at which the rev limiter activates: 182 KPH (that is to say 108 MPH).

The blasted limiter was creating a "jumpy" feel as I attempted to continue accelerating, but it was only doing it's job.

Oh, and here's a bit of advice I garnered from all of this: my car seems more responsive in terms of available power, and I think it's because I've been [I'm a little confused about this part] trimming down the catalytic converter, by [possibly] removing internal components, and thus allowing greater exhaust flow. In addition, I am getting 500 miles out of one tank of gas, whereas I used to get 400 miles.

And finally, I would like to reply to the TCCA member who was recently inquiring about oil additives. You see, here [in my country?] we have different products available to us. One oil additive, in particular has been working excellently for myself and my friends. In fact, Pennzoil has apparently used this product as the basis for their own line of chemicals. Well, as I was saying, this additive works wonders. Before I used it, my transmission periodically would boil the transmission fluid and get foamy, however, now that I'm using [unnamed product], I do not have that problem! I also think that the car's engine is running more smoothly and at a lower average coolant temperature! [insert mild laughter]

Golly gee, this Lucas Motor Oil Additive is great!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Rev limiter is A LOT higher than 4500 RPMs on the Essex. I think you mean the speed limiter kicked in. Because I can get over 5000 RPMs in 1st gear before the tranny will shift into 2nd.

·
Registered
186 Posts
and I think it's because I've been [I'm a little confused about this part] trimming down the catalytic converter,

He may be speaking a little different dialect than you're familiar with.

I believe he was saying:

Oh and by the way, since my car has no catalytic converter and with all the other modifications I've made, it (or the tach needle) is more responsive.

"It's okay stewardess. I speak Jive."

·
Registered
478 Posts
Originally posted by TheGreatZambini@Jul 18 2004, 11:42 PM
182 KPH (that is to say 108 MPH).

182KPH is not 108mph, assuming 1.6km to the mile.....(with all of its sig.figs. its 1.6666666infinite)....it turns to be 113.75MPH........108MPH is actualy 172.8KPH.......if you feel the need to check my calculations, go ahead...because it would not be the first time that a calculator older then me has punched out a wrong number.......so yeah...I felt as a Canadian should aid another person in figuired out how to convert MPH to KPH and vice versa.....as I haev learned to do.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
:( this thread makes my brain want to go on vacation.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts