Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there seems to be enough computer questions, I thought it would be a good idea to keep a continuous thread going...

If you have a computer question, please feel free to ask it.

If you know an answer, please feel free to post it.

If you have any interesting computer facts/information; it will be appreciated here too.

Lastly, if you do not agree with anything, no fighting -- it will not be tolerated.

If there seems to be enough interest in this thread, maybe a sticky would be appropriate.

-Jesse

·
Registered
76 Posts
question: i have a burner installed an such...but my program Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 wont run. Everytime it says illegal operation, so here is my question any FREE cd burning software around here thats FREE?!?!?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hmm...I use Musicmatch jukebox for all of my burning. I'm not sure if you can burn with the free version though, it's worth looking into.

Edit: I just checked it out and the free version of musicmatch jukebox WILL let you burn cds. It's fairly simple, and it has all the options I need.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by smc540@Apr 25 2004, 06:05 PM
Hmm...I use Musicmatch jukebox for all of my burning. I'm not sure if you can burn with the free version though, it's worth looking into.

Edit: I just checked it out and the free version of musicmatch jukebox WILL let you burn cds. It's fairly simple, and it has all the options I need.
but will it play in the bull? i have an alpine 6 cd changer that will play burned cds but not mp3 encrypted cds.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Purple-HaZe+Apr 25 2004, 05:12 PM-->QUOTE (Purple-HaZe @ Apr 25 2004, 05:12 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-smc540
@Apr 25 2004, 06:05 PM

but will it play in the bull? i have an alpine 6 cd changer that will play burned cds but not mp3 encrypted cds. [/b]
If you are running windows XP, you can copy and paste the files under the CD BURNER drive in my computer... then right click and go to burn cd.... it is a good solution if yourun into problems with thenormal way to do things

give that a try

·
Registered
249 Posts
Originally posted by Purple-HaZe+Apr 25 2004, 05:12 PM-->QUOTE (Purple-HaZe @ Apr 25 2004, 05:12 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-smc540
@Apr 25 2004, 06:05 PM

but will it play in the bull? i have an alpine 6 cd changer that will play burned cds but not mp3 encrypted cds. [/b]
They'll work in any cd player, the songs arent burned as mp3's. If you choose to burn the cd as an "Audio" cd, it should work fine, if you choose "MP3 Cd" it probably wont.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If your using Windows XP (home or pro) they have a built in burn feature that is extremely easy to use, basic but effective. Software used in it was developed by Roxio and if your burning mp3's it uses windows media player to convert mp3s if you select the option to burn a cd for use in stereo's (coverts mp3's to wavs).

I have however never used MusicMatch for anything so I am unsure of any errors that it might have when it comes to burning.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Originally posted by Cyrix142@Apr 25 2004, 05:41 PM
I have however never used MusicMatch for anything so I am unsure of any errors that it might have when it comes to burning.
At the risk of sounding like a Musicmatch salesman.....I have yet to run into any problems with it. It's the only music player I use, and it has never failed me yet. All you do, is click on the songs you want from your library, hit burn under the playlist, and then it shows you how much of the cd you are using up, the order of tracks, etc. Then at the top of the screen you make sure it said "Audio Cd" and not "Mp3" or "Data" and hit burn again, it'll even eject your cd when its done, lol. Try whatever's best for you though, this is just want i've been using for a couple of years now, so I'm probably i bit biased.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Originally posted by Purple-HaZe@Apr 25 2004, 04:59 PM
question: i have a burner installed an such...but my program Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 wont run. Everytime it says illegal operation, so here is my question any FREE cd burning software around here thats FREE?!?!?
Well...considering you said "Illegal Operation" I thought that was what a Windows 98 error window said. XP i know has something completly differnt, but i havent had errors in a while *knock on wood*. There are plenty of free burning programs if you dont have Win XP. Just go to a place like, www.download.com and search for CD burning. You can also use Windows media player 8/9 but make sure you save the file as a MP3 and not WMP.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Originally posted by Purple-HaZe@Apr 25 2004, 04:59 PM
I know of a "free" cd burning program. I use Nero 6 Ultra Edition. If you want it, just shoot me a PM. I have used many burning programs in the past, I honestly feel that Nero is the best out there. I wouldn't recomend anything else. By the way, no, I am not a Nero representative.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Purple-HaZe@Apr 25 2004, 06:03 PM
its windows 98...thanks for the ideas...i'm still really confused.
Did you try uninstalling, and then reinstalling your cd burning software?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Why dont you just try out a few of the suggestions on this board and find out what works best for you? All of the ways listed above will achieve what you want, now it's up to you to find out what works for you.l

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heres another suggestion.. whenever anyone is looking for some free software, i always go to www.downloads.com and search.. some software is free, others are trial versions.. ive found when im needing a quick job to be done with specific software, ill just download the free trial versions to get the job done..then delete them there after.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by afi292@Apr 25 2004, 07:08 PM
Heres another suggestion.. whenever anyone is looking for some free software, i always go to www.downloads.com and search.. some software is free, others are trial versions.. ive found when im needing a quick job to be done with specific software, ill just download the free trial versions to get the job done..then delete them there after.
i did that...and all the free burn softwares dont work well at all.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Purple-HaZe+Apr 25 2004, 06:33 PM-->QUOTE (Purple-HaZe @ Apr 25 2004, 06:33 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-afi292
@Apr 25 2004, 07:08 PM
i did that...and all the free burn softwares dont work well at all. [/b]
did you try uninstalling, and reinstalling your burning software that gave you the error?

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Purple-HaZe@Apr 25 2004, 06:38 PM
I cant...i lost the disk.
Have you tried the other suggestions of music juke box? or any of the such??

You really are limited to options here besides buying NERO or something of the such...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by afi292@Apr 25 2004, 07:40 PM
Have you tried the other suggestions of music juke box? or any of the such??

You really are limited to options here besides buying NERO or something of the such...
I think i'll just pirate nero...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts