Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and I had just picked up two girls, we were going to go down to a concert in Hollywood. One had to pick something up so we go over to her apartment, in the back way, we wait a while she comes out, then we set off again, as we are navigating the long alleys inbetween the apartments and apt. parking lots we come up to a right turn, we aren't going over 10 mph when this white Toyota truck comes around this corner and basically drives over the front of my SHO, :rolleyes2: .. Now all my training is coming in handy, I keep it cool, give her my information, then she ignores me when I ask for hers, after a while she's all saying that it's my fault, then I say that she hit me, and she says "What!?!? Do you want me to call the sherrif? What do you want?"" So I just say, well how about you give me your DL and insurance.. she gives me her license then after a while I ask for the insurance again, she's like, NO I don't have insurance it's a company car, then after about a minute (keep in mind there was a lot of traffic through there, people honking, and neighbors that were yelling at her for hitting me :D ) I ask for her insurance again, this time she gives it to me.. There was a little scratch on her "company truck" and it may of not been from me, but I told her I wasn't going to argue, we'll just let the insurance figure it all out.

Since superford is doing weird stuff right now I'll just upload each picture individually.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
ALWAYS call the police and have them make a report. Leave your car exactly where it was hit, and grab a witness. If she denies the incident occured as you state, and you have no evidence to refute her, your insurer cannot collect from the other company and will reduce your rating, leading to higher cost and possible dismissal.

·
Registered
281 Posts
She seems to be dressed awfully "sparingly" for being in a company vehicle. Any bets she's not supposed to be in it?

It's going to be tight if you don't have witnesses as you hit her rear. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
It worked out.. the concert I mean. After I installed another corner light and reported it all to her insurance I went with my friends to the concert, maybe I can have some fun.. -_- .

I went to the concert... but most of the time I was thinking about the huge hassle it's going to be to get the car fixed, even when her insurance pays for it.

ahh yes, THE NEW SCARFACE

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by SHO Continental@Sep 1 2004, 04:32 AM
Do my three passengers count as witnesses?
That depends. Were they awake?

A separate witness will be a more powerful ally, though, so if that bystander was on your side, I hope you got her info!

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
hate to pound this in there since it's already been said, but the first thing you should do is call the police. you're lucky you had that witness (not the ppl in your car who the insurance company think might lie for you). what's really better than a witness is a police report that got the story of both people, where the officer could take a look at everything and see what actually makes sense (for my wreck, he saw my tire tracks on the road that i tried to avoid the car that jumped in front of me, so he was totally on my side)

and honestly, i'm not even sure you should've replaced the bulb, though your situation's a little different. it's good you got pictures, so you can use them. is there any way you can date those pictures without someone thinking that you might've had those from a while ago? i was told NOT to fix my busted headlight, though i'd probably be pulled over (obviously, my whole front right is all busted up, lol). but if i was just pulled over, i could just show them the record of the report and he shouldn't give me a ticket.

but glad to know you guys're alright...and wtf, no better picture of the girl in question? from the side view she looked kinda cute...maybe there's another way her and i could resolve the iss.....uhhhh wait, nm, i'm not there :D hehehe, sry ;)

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
The first problem was that a woman was driving. The second was that she was driving a truck. The third was that she was driving a Toyota...just kidding...about the woman part...

I had a similar situation to this. I rear-ended a guy going like 5 miles per hour...his mistake, but my f-up. There was some damage to my old Topaz, but not a whole lot on his. He stopped, looked at his truck, then drove off as fast as he could. He was doing like 80 in a 35, and I was trying to pursue, but at the time, I didn't have a cell phone. Anyway, I got tired of chasing him, and went to the police station. I filed a report and left his plate number with the cops. Hopefully they fixed things. The reason I bring this up is because he was definitely in a work truck and definitely shouldn't have been doing whatever he was doing with it at that time. Not sure if he was joyriding, or if he had drugs or was drunk, but he took off like a bat out of hell.

Good luck dealing with the insurance companies....what concert were you going to see?

JR

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
How did she appreciate getting her picture taken? Its funny that you had a camera with you.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
You got her number, right? :boink: And, uh, her um, licence and insurance card, okay good for you. *runs*

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by stever@Sep 1 2004, 10:20 AM
A couple "girl on girl" shots of that girl and the old lady would make my day! :p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts