Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am constantly asked why in the world i would want to own a taurus. People always tell me that its a "grandpa car" or "its a ford, what good can it be?" . I have many reasons for loving my car; performance, style, endurance, they are all good reasons. The reason i will speak of today is the ability to change anything and everything. By looking in "my garage" you can see the many upgrades i have done to my car, and yesterday i added another one. Months ago i stripped a bunch of parts out of a SHO including handful of control modules. one of the modules was the power antenna control box. i plugged it in months ago but since a had a regular antenna it didnt do me any good. I was at the local junk yard yesterday looking for a new front bumper for my 95 and came across an 87 LX wagon with a perfect power antenna. It was up but nobody had bent it yet. with gentle pressure i moved it up and down to make sure the cable inside was still intact. I pulled it out and today put it in my car, it was a perfect fit. Didnt have to do any mods just plug it into the power connector that was already there. This is why i love my car its already setup to do just about anything you want it to. When i installed my 140 MPH speedo all i had to do was plug it in and the tach worked right away. Once i plugged in the various modules, other stuff started coming online, like the "lamp out" warning feature. Its just so easy to go from GL to SE with a minimum amount of work.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Right on! Those sound like some really cool "upgrade" mods. :horns:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
totally agree with you. when i get asked the same question, its modifications as well. you can take our cars, and make them unique without much work. as long as you know how to do your own work. also shes a sexy beast, lol. sounds like youve got some pretty cool work done to her so far. keep it up! :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts