Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted you guys to know (while i have time on the net) that I found the big CLUNK source in the trep (it was a big CLUNK on turns and stops) well... I took the front wheels off at Josh's garage (aka my friend's garage) and well.. You know that pin that goes in the rotors? The driver's side rotor pin (caliper pin?)*isnt there* so this means I have no brakes or anything in the drivers front of the car. The CLUNK noise is the caliper smacking into the wheel.
I've been driving the car since August trying to figure out what the clunk was and it happens to be a dangerous thing. Go figure <_< Josh and I are fixing it tomorrow at school...

·
Registered
902 Posts
be very very carefull,i had a intrepid in today with the same problem. remove the rotor and use new bolts and sliders put the slider on the bolt and see how far the threads go in on the hub,the problem is the threads totally rust out and the caliper bangs around and then falls off,you might have to repace the hub assembley,and they are available from a used parts place,please check these threads

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Those Chrysler LHS cars are strange animals, that is for sure.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by mufflerman@Apr 14 2004, 09:54 PM
be very very carefull,i had a intrepid in today with the same problem. remove the rotor and use new bolts and sliders put the slider on the bolt and see how far the threads go in on the hub,the problem is the threads totally rust out and the caliper bangs around and then falls off,you might have to repace the hub assembley,and they are available from a used parts place,please check these threads
Exactly - there are no threads now. So we have to wait til monday to work on it
This is crappy. And then 89 gas is up to $2.00 now.
I miss my bull!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@Apr 16 2004, 01:36 PM
And then 89 gas is up to $2.00 now.
I miss my bull!!!
Yeah premium is over $2 a gallon where I am now too. It is nuts. Glad I just got my motorcycle running again. 58 mpg out of that baby!

·
Registered
902 Posts
glad you took my advice,that takes a lot of my shoulders i am really concerned when it comes to brakes and safety

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by mufflerman@Apr 18 2004, 07:37 AM
glad you took my advice,that takes a lot of my shoulders i am really concerned when it comes to brakes and safety
Well, most of the time I listen to input
I think I'm just gunna go with a new hub ... that peice is looking really nasty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts