Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I look inside the trunk at the backs of the rear speakers in my g3 Taurus, in between them, I see a big oval hole with four holes drilled at its perimeter. Was there some kind of audio goodness supposed to be mounted over there? So curious... Perhaps a sub woofer or a giant speaker? If nothing fits in there, what's the best way to completely close that hole to isolate even more sound coming from the trunk?

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,409 Posts
When I look inside the trunk at the backs of the rear speakers in my g3 Taurus, in between them, I see a big oval hole with four holes drilled at its perimeter. Was there some kind of audio goodness supposed to be mounted over there? So curious... Perhaps a sub woofer or a giant speaker? If nothing fits in there, what's the best way to completely close that hole to isolate even more sound coming from the trunk?
That hole is for the JBL subwoofer..you can switch to the JBL system ,although somewhat harder in a '99..if you would lke then a sub would work in that hole..00_sa-TX always has sub's for sale, or if you're lucky you can find on at your local junkyard....they were only put in the '96 model year, however.

If you want to see what a sub looks like installed...go to coneynew's (Gen 3) garage...he has a pic of one in his garage photos...with the sub you can also get the rear shelf with sub holes...one of those is posted there too.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I see. I wonder though, if some kind of a standard sized aftermarket speaker would fit in there. But then there would also be an issue of amplification and wiring. Has anyone done anything like that on this car before?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts