Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now this normally happens randomly in the morning, I start up the car and my power windows doesn't work, my dome lights don't turn on, my auto dim/compass mirror nor do my moon roof work. Any ideas on what causes this randomly? I was thinking the fuse is going bad or something??

·
Registered
587 Posts
could try the power saver relay it is in the interior fuse panel. it a common problem that the other relay are bad too and running off the power saver relay. there is only three total but 10 buck each and cause havoc.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the radio and powers steering work?
Yes the radio works, and power steering works fine. It takes about 2-3 mins for it to kick in, and turn back on to all my controls.

could try the power saver relay it is in the interior fuse panel. it a common problem that the other relay are bad too and running off the power saver relay. there is only three total but 10 buck each and cause havoc.
Ah how would I tell if the relay is just going bad? Plus if it was going bad, how does it affect the delay in the windows working again??

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
The best way is to swap it out with a good one. You can just use another one you have on the fuse panel. You don't say what year you have so it's kind of hard to pinpoint.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The best way is to swap it out with a good one. You can just use another one you have on the fuse panel. You don't say what year you have so it's kind of hard to pinpoint.
That may help, it is a 2002 Model Ford Taurus SEL. Also, what is GEM?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
All the brains for that stuff is above your left foot while driving (right where the fusebox is). That whole conglomerate is called the CJB (Central Junction Box)...on the back is a module called the GEM that helps control some of the secondary features of the car, and the fusebox is attached to teh CJB.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All the brains for that stuff is above your left foot while driving (right where the fusebox is). That whole conglomerate is called the CJB (Central Junction Box)...on the back is a module called the GEM that helps control some of the secondary features of the car, and the fusebox is attached to teh CJB.
Oh ok, now to get to that, that is the panel on the left hand side. The part when you open up the door, there is a rectangle panel. That would be where the relay switching is located correct?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
No, behind that panel are the bolts that hold the dashboard in. You'll need to crawl under the dashboard on the driver's side above the pedals and the fusebox should be right there.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, behind that panel are the bolts that hold the dashboard in. You'll need to crawl under the dashboard on the driver's side above the pedals and the fusebox should be right there.
oh ok I looked under there, looks complicated :/ haha. Ill take a better look later one. My lights today well the dome were delayed, so I might as well replace that relay then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts