Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have 2 phenomenally powered naturally aspirated duratecs within this club. both with bolt ons only when it comes to power-adders.

Venom's 99 runs a damn near 15 flat quarter which will probably be lower come this summer

and

DeltarMN's car has 187.1hp at the wheels which if to you do the math of 25% driveline loss his car is like 249hp at the crank.

Not to mention his 192 ft. lbs. is 75% of 256

Could it be that that we have two wednesday motors on this site.
Venoms is only supposed to 185hp at the crank of course after bolt-ons it is going to be more.
these are phenomenal numbers and frankly i am jealous.
Those two have flat out awesome cars that would leave all duratec owners drueling like a mouth full of novacane

Props to you to for your car and i hope my sable will at one point be right up there with them.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
You forgot a couple....

Jim is running 14.5 in his 98 dura on the bottle ( I think a 50 shot).

Arkan's SHO is running in the 12's

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by mikehawk@Dec 30 2003, 10:49 PM
Yeah, but arkan sho has a supercharged v8, not a duratec.

Either way those guys deserve props, their cars are supa-fly

:zoomsmiley:
True. I have ridden in Jim's dura... it's

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Hey where are my props. I ran a 15.7 with no mods. Ph33r.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Originally posted by Twilight@Dec 31 2003, 04:51 AM
Hey where are my props. I ran a 15.7 with no mods. Ph33r.
but was this before or after the original tec gave up the ghost?

Lol I'll solute you none the less, you must have gotten one of the factory freaks.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
LOL Twilight has a freak motor alright. It's the bastard child of a '99 and '00 and has some kinda higher compression ratio.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
This was before I added new mufflers, I had a bad exhaust leak at the time which is why the car was so loud.

Oh and yes this is with teh new bottom end. The original car ran 16.0's.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
DeltaMN, what gear was your car in when it was dynoed?? I had mine dynoed but, was told to leave it in 2nd. It was the only time I had been to a dyno. Was yours in D w/ OD off?? I hear that dynoing in these two diffeneret gears will produce completly different numbers. What kind of #'s do you expect in 2nd gear.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I was told to leave it in 2nd and, since this was my first time at a dyno, I didn't know enough to ask about dynoing in 3rd. I think i'm supposed to go back for another dyno session soon. I will than ask about a pull in 3rd gear. I got 165hp and 168TQ in 2nd gear. So I should expect numbers similar to yours??

·
Registered
96 Posts
How much are dyno's? I would really like to get one done, because my car has more HorsePower than it is supposed to. I assume this becuase every local SHO I have raced has lost to me. <_< But I don't mind having a freak motor as long as it's a good freak motor (better)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would have quoted Jim's dura but on the bottle would not be a duratec phenomenon.

I was mainly focusing on the Natural aspirated duratec's which i really can't remember what jim's car runs off the bottle venom should know.

Mikeys_Taurus Posted on Jan 2 2004, 08:20 PM
  If you guys are running in 2nd gear, you're getting inflated numbers.[/b]
that seems to be what almost all dyno operators have automatics run the dyno's in.
only reason why 98 and up driver runin 3rd gear is because with the aid of a scan tool there is no way to lock in second gear.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
My car is a 98 and ran it in 2nd gear on the dyno. What do you mean that "with the aid of a scan tool their is no way to lock in 2nd gear"??

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
The 99 has no "2" gear so you must run in D.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Originally posted by Mikeys_Taurus@Jan 2 2004, 09:20 PM
If you guys are running in 2nd gear, you're getting inflated numbers.
How do you figure?

I ran mine in 2nd and in 3rd and I gained about 12 horsies when the torque convertor locks up in 3rd (not the spike).

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my bad I meant without the aid of a scan tool.
and with the scan tool you can command what gear you want to be in.

that is not important apparently to any without a 99 since 99's had PRNDd1 instaed of PRND21 like my 96,97, and i guess 98

1 - 20 of 20 Posts