Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, we are going to make a meet this month, you choose the Saturday.

The Ideas:

Idea 1:

Going to a park to BBQ/Grill/whatever food wise, shoot some hoops, ball, whatever, BS, and cruise :uptosumpn: I will be glad to provide some detailing tips or whatever as well. The park I had in mind isn't far from me (SW side of indy), but we can change it to a different park if needed.

Idea 2:

Go karting on a two level indoor track http://www.fastimesindoorkarting.com/, up to 8 racers for 18 laps, $18. Of course we will BS and cruise as well.

Any other thoughts or ideas? We are going to make a meet happen this month, if you have a date that is better for you, post it here.

·
Registered
307 Posts
i dont like the indoor karting because i think you have to be 18 and im not ill have to watch..lol..but there is a nice park like a min from my house it has covered tables and 2 grills. soccer fields or whatever you want to do in them. frisbee golf and a bike/ walking track. and on the other side of the woods (like another 1 min drive) are baseball fields that i play at and my dad is president of. i think this would be a good place. but its up to you all..o and lots of car palces around like autozone, pepboys, bestbuy, circuit city. tons of places within 5-10 minutes...or eagle creek park but you would have to pay to get in but its real nice.

·
Registered
250 Posts
sweet! :banana: yeah.... i'm under 18 too, so i like the first idea. i'd be happy to bring food too, if need be.
thanks
geoff.

·
Registered
307 Posts
ya and there is a marsh, kroger, and a meijer all real real close. it will be a good time for everyone to check out everyones car. it should be fun just to hang out listen to music play some games and eat! looking forward to it. and i forgot to say there are 4 basket ball hoops at this park also..the name is North West Way park. and it has a pool if we go after labor day

check this out this is the parks home page. park

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I forgot about being 18, my fault! :(

I was thinking of Pioneer Park, it's nice and has all kinds of goodies :)

Or, how about the brand new Splash Island in Plainfield, it's a brand new cool water park :cool_shades: Cost is $7.25.

Thoughts on this?

·
Registered
250 Posts
i'd go with the park idea, just so we can hang out there and look at everyone's ride, and do the cookout and games and all.

·
Registered
307 Posts
im just worried how far my parents would let me go to meet people who i meet over the internet...ya kno...

G

·
Bah, parents, just don't tell 'em. That's what I did for my first meet. Now they're used to it. ;)

Go-Kart would be hella fun. I'm not much for water parks. You can only hang around a regular park so long before you get bored.

There's always riding around on the back of a truck and going to denny's at 2:00 in the morning. :razz:

·
Registered
307 Posts
ya i agree. i dont really care what we do but i think a BBQ + crusin + standing around showing off your car = fun...and if you wanna go go-karting. west side raceway is also close to the park i mention earlyer.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Adam B.@Aug 8 2004, 11:37 PM

There's always riding around on the back of a truck and going to denny's at 2:00 in the morning. :razz:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:thumb:

Ok, any more thoughts? What weekend is good for you guys?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Originally posted by n2_space+Aug 9 2004, 08:15 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (n2_space @ Aug 9 2004, 08:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Adam B.@Aug 8 2004, 11:37 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:thumb:

Ok, any more thoughts? What weekend is good for you guys? [/b][/quote]
If we wait till the last weekend of August, I may be able to attend. Can't do it on any Saturdays when theres home football games tho....

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, anymore thoughts? We can make it a Sunday instead... Sat or Sun? I am waiting to firm up an appointment on a detail before I put the date thought any further.

·
Registered
307 Posts
any days good. maybe we should vote on date and what we are going to do and take it from there.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, something is telling me this may have to spill to September :( I'm not sure what the 11th holds for me yet, but what do others think about the 11th?

·
Registered
250 Posts
dang man....if we do it into september, i aint gonna be able to come :(

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by geoff352@Aug 12 2004, 02:45 PM
dang man....if we do it into september, i aint gonna be able to come :(
Why not? :(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts