Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A long time I replaced the stereo dash unit with the Scosche dash replacement to fit an after market stereo. The Schosche unit integrates with the dash pretty well. It has the same AC and rear defroster controls. The only problem is, the clock at the top is gone. I really miss that simple, little insignificant clock. My stereo has time, however, the stereo's clock is off when the stereo is off. So, I don't have the clock when there stereo is off, but it can display current time for about 5 seconds if I push a certain button. Clearly, this is a clumsy situation.

Now, the strangest thing of all is that there are no good after market clocks for a car.. I have seen some clock in Autozone, and Amazon.com and other places, but they all have serious flaws. They're not backlit, so you can't see them in the dark. At the same time, the ones that have a backlight need to be plugged into the 12volt lighter port, again a clumsy solution. Perhaps I missed something, so I am asking the discussion board this question.. is there an after market car dash clock that's visible in the dark and does not use up the 12V port?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
A long time I replaced the stereo dash unit with the Scosche dash replacement to fit an after market stereo. The Schosche unit integrates with the dash pretty well. It has the same AC and rear defroster controls. The only problem is, the clock at the top is gone. I really miss that simple, little insignificant clock. My stereo has time, however, the stereo's clock is off when the stereo is off. So, I don't have the clock when there stereo is off, but it can display current time for about 5 seconds if I push a certain button. Clearly, this is a clumsy situation.

Now, the strangest thing of all is that there are no good after market clocks for a car.. I have seen some clock in Autozone, and Amazon.com and other places, but they all have serious flaws. They're not backlit, so you can't see them in the dark. At the same time, the ones that have a backlight need to be plugged into the 12volt lighter port, again a clumsy solution. Perhaps I missed something, so I am asking the discussion board this question.. is there an after market car dash clock that's visible in the dark and does not use up the 12V port?
You could always take one with a 12v lighter plug, clip the plug off and strip the wires, and hard wire them to the fuse panel or battery, or even tap them into the wires behind the cigarette lighter plug.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts