Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took the wagon to an event close to home. The AMC Midwest Regional and Other Orphans car show. This event was open to all cars, but was a primary AMC show. This was a 100% judged show, on a scale of 200 points and depending on how you scored in your class is what trophy you would recieve. The points levels were 200-181 Gold, 180-161 Silver, and 160-141 Bronze. They only gave out 1 gold trophy today in 16 classes. I entered the wagon in the Orphan / Stock class and scored a 177 / 200 for a Silver award, the judges told me that since they deduct 2 points for each obvious mod (brake rotors, chin spoiler, custom console, added speakers, and black graphics) I would have done much better in the modified class. I'm still very happy to score as high as I did at this kind of event.

Now for the photos of the Bull and the Matador.... :eek:

Some beautyfull Javelins and AMX's. B)

And the true Orphans of AMC, the Gremlins, Pacers & Hornets. ;)

Finally, a couple more of the '03 Wagon in show trim. B)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Seeing all those Kenosha Cadillacs does me good. Thanks for sharing those.

For those too young to remember the AMC's they were built in Kenosha Wis.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually enjoyed this show, I have never seen so many Javelins or AMX's in one spot. I always wanted to get a Gremlin when I was younger so those are fun to see again too. Add to it all the 360 CID and 390 CID motors around today, made for some fun. BTW, both Gremlins had 5.0 (I forget the AMC version) and sounded good. The Levi edition is a really rare version also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts