Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
9,636 Posts
I tried my best to do my research at the time, but what I didn't really understand was that dealers seems to have a different idea of what these are worth compared to everyone else. It seemed reasonable enough :rolleyes2: It was my first actual car buying experience. I even got suckered into the gap insurance!

With that said, I'm well aware now that if I took my time with it I could have found a better optioned car with the same or fewer miles for way less money. Sometimes you get burned in life. I learned from it, so no worries as far as I'm concerned. :)

Still, "Ann" as I call her, is a fine sample who will be cared for until the end. I'm also going to add all the SEL options (and wheels) at my own expense over time. I'll start a project log one of these days.
Pic as example. Online adds often tell the dealers selling cars, and those selling payments. This pic is over 2 years old so prices not same as today, but just example. Usually the adds and prices are a dead giveaway as to who is selling cars.

-chart-

-

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Pic as example. Online adds often tell the dealers selling cars, and those selling payments. This pic is over 2 years old so prices not same as today, but just example. Usually the adds and prices are a dead giveaway as to who is selling cars.

-chart-

-
I was thankfully smart enough to avoid the "buy here, pay here" scam. I went to a licensed Ford dealer. But still, any dealer will take advantage of you if you don't assert yourself or know everything you should. I'm sure if I said "I can get one of these anywhere for $5,500" and walked out when they tried to play hardball, I could have shifted the game in my favor. But, I was weak in negotiating power given I made the mistake of telling them I was carless. And actually being carless. :lol2:

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
I have a real treat for you folks.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1431802093.024106.jpg

Not one...

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1431802103.278297.jpg

Not two...

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1431802114.500700.jpg

...but THREE Lucernes! All in the space of 30 minutes. I'm shocked, I tell you.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,750 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I saw a beat up Lucerne with a drivers door that was a different shade of blue than the rest of the car (and scraped), and it was towing the most ghetto trailer I've ever seen. Gotta love the hood.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Seems like this thread is a little one sided ;)

·
Administrator
14,917 Posts
Call me Ishmael...
Brad do you live in or near a retirement community? There is elderly housing at the head of the main drag that my neighborhood feeds off of and I still hardly ever see them. I know I live in serious Ford country but I do see the occasional Buick just not that flavor.

161 - 180 of 201 Posts