Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

141 - 160 of 201 Posts

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Tauruses don't have a reputation for being the Exclusive Sedan for the Elderly.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Tauruses don't have a reputation for being the Exclusive Sedan for the Elderly.

And civics don't have a reputation for being Riced? :lol2:
I would almost kill to own a 4.6 Northstar powered lucerne. One of the greatest sounding v8's of all time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Crown Victoria say what?

Ha, honestly, I should somewhat rephrase. I've seen more elderly people driving Gen 6 SHO's than younger people.

Crown Vic's had a stronger rep as cop cars, IMO.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Lin Cont sound as good, and they are cheap used.
On the whole, cheaper than bulls.
Got 3 years on my pristine '02 used at 40K.

-chart-

Conti cheaper than a bull? I haven't found one under $1000, that's why I don't own one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,962 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
$7295 for an 03 Taurus SEL wagon with 116K on it???? Seems a bit steep to me, but it is at a Ford dealer.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Ah, but it's that rare Spruce Green Metallic color.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Ah, but it's that rare Spruce Green Metallic color.
Yeah, the one nobody ever wants :lol2:

Ford dealers always charge more. My Bull was $6,800 out the door at my Ford Dealer. Given that it was minty fresh with only 79,450 miles, I didn't know any better at the time :lol2:

I'm sure at a private sale I could have done $5,500 or less for a similar sample, but what can I say. I'm not going to cry about it after the fact. I was desperate for a car (I had been without one for over a month at that point).

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Yeah, the one nobody ever wants :lol2:

Ford dealers always charge more. My Bull was $6,800 out the door at my Ford Dealer. Given that it was minty fresh with only 79,450 miles, I didn't know any better at the time :lol2:

I'm sure at a private sale I could have done $5,500 or less for a similar sample, but what can I say. I'm not going to cry about it after the fact. I was desperate for a car (I had been without one for over a month at that point).

You don't want to know what mine cost then...

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
You don't want to know what mine cost then...
I tried my best to do my research at the time, but what I didn't really understand was that dealers seems to have a different idea of what these are worth compared to everyone else. It seemed reasonable enough :rolleyes2: It was my first actual car buying experience. I even got suckered into the gap insurance!

With that said, I'm well aware now that if I took my time with it I could have found a better optioned car with the same or fewer miles for way less money. Sometimes you get burned in life. I learned from it, so no worries as far as I'm concerned. :)

Still, "Ann" as I call her, is a fine sample who will be cared for until the end. I'm also going to add all the SEL options (and wheels) at my own expense over time. I'll start a project log one of these days.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Sometimes it's nice to start off with a basic car. I've had fun adding the options I've had to. When I was looking, I wanted a moonroof, spoiler, and CD player. I was willing to compromise on the spoiler and moonroof, but I ended up finding Holly, and getting the guy to hold it over the weekend for me.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Sometimes it's nice to start off with a basic car. I've had fun adding the options I've had to. When I was looking, I wanted a moonroof, spoiler, and CD player. I was willing to compromise on the spoiler and moonroof, but I ended up finding Holly, and getting the guy to hold it over the weekend for me.
This is true. I can add my own flavor to the car without having to take anything away. The interior is mint too, so that's nice. Ideally I'd like to end up with something similar to Holly, but I don't know how well Centennials would work with Windveil Blue. I also really like those Gen 4 updated "Slicer" wheels that are apparently kind of rare.

Of course, the timer is counting down before it rusts out :angry: There's a singular bubble that's developed on the rear fender well which can be fixed easily, but the rockers will need to be cut out within the next year or two. They still have paint and all metal is present, but salt has already started its evil mission. I really want to slap whoever thought those plastic strips were necessary. All they do is trap salty snow and water. The car is very lucky it spent its first 3 years in Florida, or it would probably be falling apart right now.

141 - 160 of 201 Posts