Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, folks, I have a fun new idea.

In this thread, the idea is that we post pictures of Buick Lucernes that we see in the wild. You must see it, don't post pictures you found through web searches. Just snap a picture of it. And try to determine the age of the driver if you can, as well as where it is parked (prune factory, for example).

Only the Lucerne for now.

For those of you who don't know the Lucerne is this bland-o-mobile.

Happy hunting!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I'm going to love this thread. To the old-folks home!

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
I drive by a red Lucerne Super/CXS V8 almost every day, depending on my desired route to school. I'll snap a pic next time I go by it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I still really want a Buick Park Avenue Ultra..

·
Registered
490 Posts
I ALMOST traded my 98 Altima for a 97 PA Ultra many moons ago. Took it for a test drive and the salesman said, punch it. Holy hell that boat moved. Talk about a sleeper.

Exactly. If we can lust over FWD 4 door SHO's, we can do it over Grammaw's Buick too. Seen a few and I love how stealthy they are and still consider them to this day. Volvo S60R is leading the race though.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly. If we can lust over FWD 4 door SHO's, we can do it over Grammaw's Buick too. Seen a few and I love how stealthy they are and still consider them to this day. Volvo S60R is leading the race though.
A member on TSOC just picked up an S60R for a steal. In rough shape, but he's restoring it slowly.

Vash's S60R - Build Up / Project Log - Taurus & Sable Owners' Club

As far as Buick goes, the Lucerne holds a special place in the collective hearts of TCCA members. :lol2:

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,750 Posts
Why's that, because it makes the Taurus seem sporty by comparison?:D

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why's that, because it makes the Taurus seem sporty by comparison?:D

No, no reason at all...

It's just, you know, because the Taurus is a pig with lipstick, and the Lucerne is clearly a better car. Given the lack of any resale value on the Lucerne, it's the best we can afford since we're all trailer trash unable to afford a 'real' luxury car like a Chrysler 300C...:rolleyes2:

·
Spend my 02¢ wisely...
2,337 Posts
I still really want a Buick Park Avenue Ultra..
+1 for the Park Avenue Ultra. Great sleeper.

For less than $1k a smaller blower pulley, a CAI, a tune and some roller rockers have you well over 300 hp with a flat torque curve that will pin you to the seat. Throw in a another grand for some porting and a cam and you're talking 350+ hp.

With what they go for used, you could build a high 13 second sedan for $5k-ish. Try pulling that off with a Taurus. Just don't try to stop. Or turn. Or expect any of the interior electronics to work on a regular basis. Rattles you can never find are a positive attribute though, right?

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
I bet on the Lucerne forums, they are talking about how bland the Ford Taurus is. :p

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Diabeetus.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I didn't take this picture but it is way too awesome not to share:

All bask in the glory of the ultimate Lucerne :lol2: Don't kid yourself, you know you want it :p
Is this the car clowns jump out of at the circus or can horses pull it too with somebody at the reins. God is that awful.:lol2:

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,750 Posts
A Buick Lucerne or PAU could have 1000HP here in Fort Myers or Cape Coral, and the driver still would not drive faster than 25MPH - and do so in the passing lanes. I will put my mighty Vulcan up against one, any day - for it's the driver I have to beat, not the car.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts
About this Discussion
200 Replies
25 Participants
chartmaker
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing