Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all of the wires cut out and ready to put on except for the alt. postive to the battery positive, and I was just wondering if anybody had any pics with there car having these cables on....and If so, where the crap is the alt positive...cause I can't see it to save my life....however I can see the cable that connects to it, but I cannot see the post itself and this is problem.....

if anybody has any ideas of how I can get the positive post on the alternater that would be great but as always pics are always the best...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks sho for the input but I know where the wire goes cause I can see it. However I just can't see the positive lead on the alternater. Was wondering where it was. Cause on the big 3 as was told on

http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimat...=5;t=007801;p=1

1 wire goes from the chassis to Neg Terminal
1 from alternator postive to fuse box I'm assuming thats the megafuse I'm gonna have to run through.
and 1 wire from engine to chassis

I can find the wire that runs from the alternater back, I just can't see where it connects...and it's driving me nuts...Stupid Duratec engine....Y can't the alternater be on top....where it's nice...

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
There should be one wire that connects to the alternator output and goes to the mega fuse. the smaller 12 ga wire also goes to the alternator.

I guess I don't understand which wire you are looking for. My alternator only has two wires going to it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes I can see the wire running all the way around my block...it runs up the side around to my fluids and back to my mega fuse, but I can't see the terminal that it connects to...Thats my only problem, I would rather not fry my arm trying to find it with my fingers, cause I'm gonna connect a 4 awg wires to it and run it to my mega fuse bounce it through the mega fuse, and then from from there go to my battery Positive...only thing is I was just wondering if anybody has seen or if there is a way for me to see it.....or rather disconnect it and put a 4 awg wire on it....

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
It connects directly to the back of the alternator. Very difficult to get to and you would have to have the correct terminal.

Personally I feel the wiring is adequate on this part of the charging system. It is the battery to starter to mega fuse cable(s) that should be 4 ga.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts