Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im thinking of picking up some autolite double platinum and its wires to go with it

anyone had issues with those vs oem....

I just want to get wires as well and the dealer wants to much for the wires so id rather match up the plugs with the same company of wires...

i have a 2003 vulcan with 250,000km

·
Registered
69 Posts
Autolite

So im thinking of picking up some autolite double platinum and its wires to go with it

anyone had issues with those vs oem....

I just want to get wires as well and the dealer wants to much for the wires so id rather match up the plugs with the same company of wires...

i have a 2003 vulcan with 250,000km

I took advantage of the Autolight Rebate in the beginning of the year where I replaced the OEM Plugs with Autolight Iridium. I also replaced the wires, but it was not Autolite brand.

So far the performance has been good. I do notice an improvement in acceleration and responsiveness, however I do not see the fuel savings that I expected. Then again, I really didnt track my mileage prior to changing the older OEM plugs.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
+1 for Autolite Iridium. I think XP103 for Vulcan, check on their site.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
OP: Autolite DP runs great in the Vulcan. If you want to spend the money then I'd imagine iridium is fine too.

There's no reason to match companies on the wires but if you want to that's fine. Autolite is a respected brand. Personally I would go to RockAuto and get the Motorcraft (OE) wires. But, your call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts