Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Just attach it with double sided foam to a surface that looks like it has never been wet. The interior of the door may get water running down inside, but the section between the door and the panel should be isolated from that. There should be a foam isolater that would add extra protection and help deaden sound. If that foam is missing, replace it with some mylar bubble wrap, available at most hardware stores. That stuff can reduce the amount of road noise that enters the car, it is waterproof, and it reflects thermal energy back towards its source, so while the effect is limited, it can help keep your car cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. I used it myself in my Aerostar since the factory foam was missing on one side, and it did reduce road noise slightly. I put my crossover on the door panel with some double sided 3M tape, you could use velcro too. Make sure you run your wires long enough that you can pull the panel off and still access stuff, at least enough to be able to disconnect it without yanking something loose.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.