Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I want to go with component speakers in the front door, what would be the appropriate place to mount the crossover, and how? Ideally, if the factory tweeter setup runs tweeter wires, just like woofer wires, into the trunk, then I could put the crossover in the trunk. However, I am afraid that is not the case, and so I have to figure out how to mount the crossover in the door, safely from water and other hazards.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I were to place the crossovers on the inside of the door panel, why not just glue them to it? I know I won't be able to move the speakers to other locations but I also know that chances are very good that I will not have to move those components to any other location or sell them to anybody in future.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if this was worth all of the work I have done, but in the end I ended up mounting my crossovers outside of the doors in the cabin. Since I was going to run a new speaker wire, I decided to run two wires into each door (speaker and tweeters) from the cabin where the crossovers are. Right now my crossovers are screwed to the interior side of flat black plastic panel underneath the storage bin. Other interesting locations were inside of the center console, but the underneath storage bin was nicer, because I can always take it off (it attached with a couple of plastic clips) to make changes to tweeter volume.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.