Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
6861 - 6880 of 6906 Posts

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
I more than likely will do that still so I can take those brand new tires I just put on for the wagon.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm happy things are moving along swiftly. That just means it's closer to getting a full time paycheck. The training is paid so that's going to help immensely for the next week. What can Brown do for you? ....... well for me they can pay my bills! :D

Tomorrow morning I'm going to look at a truck. It has some miles on it, but a lot of the parts that commonly fail have been replaced. If it's as decent as the guy says it is, the 03 is done for. I've just grown absolutely tired of wasting my time and money on something that barely gets any better every time my wallet opens. More details tomorrow if I end up getting it.
Sounds like my ex girlfriend :lol2:

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Well...... tomorrow starts my "UPS Bootcamp" training. The drive is going to suck because the training facility is 75 miles from home going in the direction everyone else is going, but after the course is done and I pass.... I'm a driver so there is a bright light at the end of that traffic filled tunnel. I'm already an 'employee' of UPS, so I can say that tomorrow I FINALLY am rejoining the workforce. 5:30am wake up call .... here I come!

I've played a little with the 03 testing to see what's going on. Found which one of the 'new' drums were really out of round and replaced it. Swapped rotors in the front with others I have and it's no where near as bad as it was. Highway vibrations are little to none, and the brake vibration is still slightly there, but I'm using it for shuttling me to/from training so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
Well...... tomorrow starts my "UPS Bootcamp" training. The drive is going to suck because the training facility is 75 miles from home going in the direction everyone else is going, but after the course is done and I pass.... I'm a driver so there is a bright light at the end of that traffic filled tunnel. I'm already an 'employee' of UPS, so I can say that tomorrow I FINALLY am rejoining the workforce. 5:30am wake up call .... here I come!

I've played a little with the 03 testing to see what's going on. Found which one of the 'new' drums were really out of round and replaced it. Swapped rotors in the front with others I have and it's no where near as bad as it was. Highway vibrations are little to none, and the brake vibration is still slightly there, but I'm using it for shuttling me to/from training so we'll see what happens.
Rear brake issues often overlooked, they can feel like fronts. Pulsing rear can cause the front to shift slightly side to side, feel in in steering. One more thing to put in the memory bank. And another, new parts are not always good parts.

And a bit of trivia. The RCU is disabled during cranking. And for wagons the power antenna. It stops and with a slight delay, continues it's run.

Congrats on your job.

-chart-

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,868
I had the problems of mountains and living by the river where fifty foot cottonwoods grow. Couldn't see much, didn't really bother.

·
Administrator
15,115 Posts
Had a great view of it over the bay early but had to change locations to a less favorable spot 3/4 of the way through after it moved behind the point

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Rear brake issues often overlooked, they can feel like fronts. Pulsing rear can cause the front to shift slightly side to side, feel in in steering. One more thing to put in the memory bank. And another, new parts are not always good parts.

And a bit of trivia. The RCU is disabled during cranking. And for wagons the power antenna. It stops and with a slight delay, continues it's run.

Congrats on your job.

-chart-
Thanks but it's not secured yet;) It's amazing the stuff that I have to memorize to pass the driver safety course. Amazing! :huh: 2 days in and I have everything I need memorized for the test on Monday... all 5 pages of it. Thursday is my driving implementation test where I(and the other 52 people in the class) go on the road with the safety supervisor for a road test to show him how I implement everything I have learned in the class.

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
5 pages....I now mean 8 pages........ :huh:

So...... I'm Hazmat certified as of yesterday, did my safety ride along today and I'm still in the class so that's a good thing! There was one guy that was booted out after the ride, and 2 that didn't show up.

There were good marks, but also 'continue improvement' marks but EVERYONE in the class had markings of improvements. At least I didn't stall out like some did ;) We also had a truck break down on the ride so that was interesting talking to the guy who was driving it.

Now I just have to take my test Monday, after more round robin quizzing, and course study modules tomorrow. I should know Monday if they want me to come in on Tuesday and start to drive....... Moving right along

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
That it is..... and the week is DONE! We did our final review today which went very well. Monday is the test so if you pass they will have center information on what you are to do. We were told that we might be heading right to our centers on Tuesday when we pass. Then it's 3 days of on car supervision showing you what to do and on the 4th, it's hand you the keys and say good luck. They plan in a 9 hour work day and anything over 8 hrs daily is OT so that will rack up quickly. 5 hours of OT per week puts me at what I was making at my former job working there for 10 years........ and that just as a seasonal n00b. If a FT position opens up and I get it, the pay and benefits are incredible. 6 figures when OT is factored in, pension, paid benefits, etc etc.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,874
I may not watch the films anymore, but I'm still quite familiar with the themes, and Writing's On The Wall is quite possibly the worst Bond theme ever. Bragging how it took 20 minutes to write and was recorded in one take is not helping. The fact that it's apparently top of the charts just shows that too many have their taste in their mouths.

It's not the lyrics or the music, it's the fact that they got a terrible singer for it, and that falsetto makes me cringe. /rant

·
Administrator
15,115 Posts
I just listened to it after reading your post. Yes it sucks but it doesn't approach the level of suck achieved by Lulu's The Man With The Golden Gun or Madonna's Tomorrow Never Dies. Certainly Shirley Bassey's Goldfinger and McCartney's Live and Let Die have nothing to worry about

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
6 figures when OT is factored in, pension, paid benefits, etc etc.
Congratulations!
Although that "6 figures" is kind of high estimate to me, I wonder if is real. 100k/yr is more or less what what I make as professional EE (with all benefits), maybe it's time for me to change career :)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Congratulations!
Although that "6 figures" is kind of high estimate to me, I wonder if is real. 100k/yr is more or less what what I make as professional EE (with all benefits), maybe it's time for me to change career :)
It's overtime boosted pay. Which means you have to break yourself if you want to attain it :lol2:

Same thing as truck driving or where I'm at now. If you want to really earn those dollars, they're available. But you won't be sleeping much.

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
It's overtime boosted pay. Which means you have to break yourself if you want to attain it :lol2:

Same thing as truck driving or where I'm at now. If you want to really earn those dollars, they're available. But you won't be sleeping much.
Exactly. Regular pay would put you at about $71k/year when you are making max pay permanent full time. It doesn't take too long to get to that level from what I was told. Factor in OT hours, especially during peak, and that can easily be close to a 6 figure salary. They factor in a 9 hour work day for every driver. Sometimes more, sometimes less, just depends on your route. It's NOT an easy job in the least. It's a very physical job along with the driving job, so some 'drivers' get the idea that it's some couch job anyone can do because you are home every night. There's a LOT more to it. There are times that you have upwards of 400 packages on your truck during peak, and are almost guaranteed to have over 200 per day. Factor in an average of about 20 packages delivered per hour....... do the math. It's all about the seconds, and you do it the way they want you to do it or they'll find someone that will do it their way.

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
As a married man you should be accustomed to that type of environment ;)
:p Not really the case here. More or less, just know when you bite the lounge with 4 females in the house :rolleyes2:

During this whole ordeal I really wanted to yell out "SIR YES SIR" or answer the question and add a "SIR" at the end, because it felt like what a bootcamp would have been.

6861 - 6880 of 6906 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.