Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 6906 Posts

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Anyone else love Chef Gordon Ramsey?

Yes, I get addicted to those shows. My lady and I enjoy watching Masterchef. Since she was out of town, I wasn't allowed to watch it this week without her. :p

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
It's not often we get clear night skies in Pittsburgh, so I thought this was a cool shot.
Yes, indeed. I've always wanted to take a picture like that but my camera only has a max shutter time of 30 seconds (live in a relatively dark location). What kind of camera did you use if I may ask?

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, indeed. I've always wanted to take a picture like that but my camera only has a max shutter time of 30 seconds (live in a relatively dark location). What kind of camera did you use if I may ask?
I use a Canon Rebel T2i with a Tamron lens. I have an optional remote shutter release, so you can take long-exposure photos without having to touch the camera (and risk blurring the shot). Once you learn the controls, it's a very cool hobby.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I use a Canon Rebel T2i with a Tamron lens. I have an optional remote shutter release, so you can take long-exposure photos without having to touch the camera (and risk blurring the shot). Once you learn the controls, it's a very cool hobby.

I used to live in Mt. Lebanon

Hated that freaking place

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
So today at work I had the pleasure to replace the front axle in a craftsman lawn tractor. Idk what the owner did but they f--ed it up good. ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1370552628.060111.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1370552682.531756.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1370552748.957196.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1370552761.524032.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1370552771.954749.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1370552781.817315.jpg
It also had the factory oil in it, it's a 2001, so that's 12 years on 46 ounces of oil. The oil was blue(bearings), green(what gives away that it's factory oil, the factory oil has zinc(green) in it to help the engine break in, brown(water) and black(dirty oil). It rod knocks like CRAZY. I ran it for 10 seconds to make sure it would run. Then turned it off and pushed it to the garage door. It can blow up in the idiots lawn lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Wow wtf did they do put it in high gear, full throttle and blast a tree or a rock? :)

Funny enough I was working on my dad's Craftsman ride on today too.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Wow wtf did they do put it in high gear, full throttle and blast a tree or a rock? :)

Funny enough I was working on my dad's Craftsman ride on today too.
I have no idea, I'm kind of leaning towards backed into it in the garage. That motor is just waiting for a hot day and a high load to throw a rod.

T

·
0 Posts
Off topic question. What is different on a 2003 ford Taurus Centennial ed that you can't get on any other Taurus? Not just the headlights and stuff. Because You can put them on any 00-07 Taurus. I mean so unique that will never find on any other Taurus. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Off topic question. What is different on a 2003 ford Taurus Centennial ed that you can't get on any other Taurus? Not just the headlights and stuff. Because You can put them on any 00-07 Taurus. I mean so unique that will never find on any other Taurus. Thanks!
Some of the additional goodies included 100% genuine Imola leather seats, special edition sport rims, 100th anniversary badging, full burlwood interior accents, poewr passenger seat, higher quality floor mats, a special instrument cluster and surround, and a few random other things like a watch or pen or something.

http://www.ford-taurus.org/taurusinfo/Specials/Cent.php

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
They are the Closest thing to a SHO we got for a gen 4 Taurus.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
ImageUploadedByAG Free1370575314.106333.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1370575325.631653.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1370575338.314775.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1370575347.031566.jpg
Took the vic off roading tonight... Ehh I mean slid off the road into a mud hole. Thanks to paul and Tom for helping me get out. Mainly Paul :p

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
That is one dirty Crown Victoria.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Slid off the road? Pfft. City boy. :lol2:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Slid off the road? Pfft. City boy. :lol2:
^^
After all. This is my friend's truck.

44's. Hand built 383 stroker. 2 miles to the gallon. Not a typo. Two. Miles. Per gallon.

'Merica

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
Some of the additional goodies included 100% genuine Imola leather seats, special edition sport rims, 100th anniversary badging, full burlwood interior accents, poewr passenger seat, higher quality floor mats, a special instrument cluster and surround, and a few random other things like a watch or pen or something.

http://www.ford-taurus.org/taurusinfo/Specials/Cent.php
Power passenger seat was not exclusive to the Centennial. I have it in my Bull.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts

Geeze.. that guy in the yellow hoodie looks familiar. Oh yeah.. that was me helping fixing your mistake! What a nightmare that was. :p

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
41 - 60 of 6906 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
6.9K Replies
100 Participants
jag1959
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing