Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 477 Posts

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Put new head gaskets on? Cheaper to get a new engine, lol.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Because of the profit he made from it LOL.

Here's the Centennial, previous owners moved out to Oregon from North Dakota and were selling the car. 207K Miles. Very clean and has bright red transmission fluid, all it needs is a rack & pinion, and a deeeeeeeep cleaning.

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
My heat works perfect in all 3 of my vehicles, as does the air conditioning. I'm definitely waiting for the swarm of people not searching the forum to find the answer to the same question that has been resolved countless times since the beginning of the forum's life........ EVERY. SEASON.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Last night was the first time I had to go to heat in the car since like March, worked fine.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
My heat works fine in both cars as does the A/C ;)

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
My heat works perfect in all 3 of my vehicles, as does the air conditioning. I'm definitely waiting for the swarm of people not searching the forum to find the answer to the same question that has been resolved countless times since the beginning of the forum's life........ EVERY. SEASON.
You're forgetting everyone is a special snowflake and needs an answer tailored to them specifically.

To be fair though, I feel as though a car forum attracts a lot of people that may not be technologically adept. I don't think it computes in their brain that other people have used this new fangled interweb thing to ask the same question in the past. Or how to search for said question and related answers.

·
Administrator
14,946 Posts
Been a long time coming for both cities (KC '85, NYM '86). I won't be watching though, with the Mets in it they are going to show that Buckner clip at some point in every game. I am allergic to that clip.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Lately, given the new job I have (which isn't making me rich, but at least I have income that I've missed) is tempting me to drop coin on a new vehicle I don't need. 2016 SHOs can come in the Guard color, which I absolutely love.

Must. Resist. Stupid. Impulse.
Saw a 2014 Focus ST at a local used car place today. Red, 6 speed manual, with 40K miles. I haven't had a really fun car in about 20 years. And it's red.... I want to stop by and drive it. That $19K price tag is a bit prohibitive. Stupid college costs for the kids. Maybe if I unload the Sable and the Titan, I might get close.

I know what my wife would say about another red toy.

·
Administrator
14,946 Posts
Saw a 2014 Focus ST at a local used car place today. Red, 6 speed manual, with 40K miles. I haven't had a really fun car in about 20 years. And it's red.... I want to stop by and drive it. That $19K price tag is a bit prohibitive. Stupid college costs for the kids. Maybe if I unload the Sable and the Titan, I might get close.

Mine would say it depends on which one of us it was for. ;)

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
I FINALLY, after 3 weeks, have been told to come in on Tuesday morning to start my route for UPS! I'm excited, yet somewhat nervous(as anyone would be starting a new job), but I'm looking forward to the times of being gainfully employed again. Even if it is only till the end of the year being seasonal. At least it buys me time, and will get me through the spending season....... though my kids know they are not in for a stellar Christmas. It also gets my foot in the door with the company for possible permanent employment. I can put my name in at any location for open permanent positions, but I can also look into other locations in different states if we get tired of NJ(which we already are). Bring on the money!!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts

I'm warning you now. Once you drive it, you WILL buy it. I promise you. So think twice if you want to get in the seat :lol2:

Amazing drivers cars they are. They aren't even offered in an automatic, and they still sell like hotcakes.

If I were you I'd unload the Titan and make it happen. It's not like you ever use that thing ;)

41 - 60 of 477 Posts