Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

461 - 478 of 478 Posts

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
That's extremely disappointing. I was really looking forward to owning one of those.

It's amusing that Hyundai recently doubled down nicely on the Elantra, and Ford can't even bring ONE of the Focus models here...

Fire this guy and bring back Mulally. It's a different environment, but clearly Alan knew how to adapt to a situation. Hackett can't navigate this to save his life.

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Distracted jogger

Today in the Buick, residential street ~30mph, young lady with a phone in her face jogged right in front of us. I hit the brakes and then the horn. She looked up and trotted off the road. I had to do a complete stop to miss her.

And an aside: '11 Buick Lucerne, ~130 mile drive. Three adults. On I-99 in PA mountains got 27.2 mpg at 70 mph. I used gear 3 on steeper grades to prevent repeated shifting. Will be going back tomorrow but we will take the wagon.

-chart-

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
You just HAVE to love when you get a free upgrade on a rental :) Went to get a minivan to cart all this crap I have for an office opening, and the van had a stone chip in the windshield..... so they gave me an upgrade. That truck was SOOOOOOO nice! I was also surprised how fast it was too for a truck of it's size. It had almost every option imaginable at it's trim level. The one thing I couldn't get used to was the seats that vibrate if you are backing up or pulling out and something gets close. Neat option as it vibrates on the side that it's close, but scares the **** out of you. :rolleyes2: Either way, it's a LONG truck at 18.5 feet so you can never miss where it is in a parking lot as the rear sticks out when you are pulled all the way in. Even with all of the heavy footed drive it like you're renting it driving, I was still able to get 18.9mpg out of it. That's BETTER than what my wagon was getting babying it. All in all, a really nice truck all around and a 'status symbol' when driving around, but I'm back to my Torrent till next week when I get another rental to go to MD.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Yep. Love the Hemi Charger upgrades the best! V-6 Camaros aren't too bad. Snagged a couple of Infinities too over the years. Could never swing the BMW, though.

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Garage Sale

Found across the way this am. Nice key feel, hooked up and works nice. The flat hard to use keyboard set aside.

Old coots are a bit close with our $$.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #469
Upgraded mine the other day, but went a little fancier.

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Found across the way this am. Nice key feel, hooked up and works nice. The flat hard to use keyboard set aside.

Old coots are a bit close with our $$.
-chart-

And this: they got it right the first time, No need to change. 31 years old and perfect. It will be ticking when I am dead and gone.

-chart-

Attachments

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
*awkwardly pops in to say hi* Here's a recent pic of the Fusion Sport.... With over 32,000 Miles in just over 15 months of ownership.

Attachments

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Took another trip to MD for another dental office we're bringing onboard. This time around instead of renting a minivan I rented a large SUV and it ended up being a Suburban LT. I was hoping for the Expedition because I've already rented a Yukon XL before but either way it was MUCH more comfortable than a minivan. It was an effortless truck to drive, plus doing 85+ on the highway people got out of my way thinking it was a cop so I made it there in good time :) I' glad to see this week end though!

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,755 Posts
Took another trip to MD for another dental office we're bringing onboard. This time around instead of renting a minivan I rented a large SUV and it ended up being a Suburban LT. I was hoping for the Expedition because I've already rented a Yukon XL before but either way it was MUCH more comfortable than a minivan. It was an effortless truck to drive, plus doing 85+ on the highway people got out of my way thinking it was a cop so I made it there in good time :) I' glad to see this week end though!
I think the world has finally found a successor to Jeremy Clarkson! (Now, just get Hammond and May in there, somewhere ~ ) :lol2:

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #478

Anyone need a wagon?

461 - 478 of 478 Posts