Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 477 Posts

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Don't sugar coat it bro. What actually happens is that a SWAT team raids your house, eats all your snacks, and breaks your transmission by doing neutral bombs all the way back to the impound lot. :lol2:
They'd tow Josh's car, no airbags. :D

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You're right, they'd tow it with the front wheels on the ground in park :D
After spraypainting the sides and wheels with orange highway paint to make sure it was visible. Safety first, man.

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
lol what happens?
The skin can not be changed back because the button to change it back does not work properly. I'm going to get in touch with the HD to get them to fix the switchback option, however in the meantime DO NOT do it. Otherwise we have to get an admin to change the setting back and you'll be stuck looking at a mobile skin on every computer you log into. But I'm going to make you wait and sweat it out ......... because I warned you :lol2::p

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Or because in order to be a mod you have to be a well known meanie mcmeanster ;)
Sure do! :lol2:

So after not hearing anything since Monday from my super, other than he was on vacation, I decided to just drive up there and talk to the business manager to see what's going on. He apologized and said that he couldn't split the loads this week(or last) but he said to come in on Tuesday and he'll get me on a truck. While I was there I picked up my first check from them. So nice of a feeling to have a 'work for pay' check again! It was for the training I went through 2 weeks ago so it is a HUGE help right now! I also picked up a box with my uniforms, jackets and hat so now I'm getting pumped to get this started. I'm hoping everything goes as planned and I can get on my truck Tuesday. It actually works out being that I have been sick as a dog for the last couple days. Maybe we can move onward and UPWARD from here :rolleyes2:

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Thanks guys. Being sick really does suck, but I'm about 2/3 the way through my medicine and today was at least good enough that I felt capable enough to drive on the highway. Every day gets a little better.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I saw a Rose Mist Mercury Sable today! It even had the factory Rose Mist spoiler. Not sure how rare that combo was. I know it wasn't as rare as the SHO, but it's still quite a sight in the salt belt almost 20 years later. It was a bit rough (the clearcoat was giving up the ghost in large swaths on in some spots), but it was running and driving :)

Wish I could have snapped a pic, but I was driving.

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Lately, given the new job I have (which isn't making me rich, but at least I have income that I've missed) is tempting me to drop coin on a new vehicle I don't need. 2016 SHOs can come in the Guard color, which I absolutely love.

Must. Resist. Stupid. Impulse.

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Lately, given the new job I have (which isn't making me rich, but at least I have income that I've missed) is tempting me to drop coin on a new vehicle I don't need. 2016 SHOs can come in the Guard color, which I absolutely love.

Must. Resist. Stupid. Impulse.
Why ask why? You must BUY! Lol.
My 03, and the Durango were impulse buys, but I'm not making a good example of impulse buying. Then again, they are far from a brand new car ;)

Attachments

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Nothing until the spring if even then, honestly. A SHO would be a terrible thing to put snow tires on the second I got it...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Been a while since they got in a load; someone dumped a case of LaserDiscs at the thrift store. Not much I was interested in but found these two, 50 cents a piece.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1445108131.871255.jpg

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1445391453.093283.jpg

It's sad but I really laughed.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)

·
Registered
22,585 Posts
I was hoping for another I-70 all Missouri World Series (Royals/Cards) like in '85. Then I was hoping for a Royals/Cubs series. Now I'm just hoping the Royals are in the World Series. Game 6 Fri. nite here in KC against the Blue Jays. Currently the Royals are leading 3 games to 2. Price vs. Ventura. From the infamous Dave Chapelle, "We'd better wrap it up "B"!

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
My friend who owned a white '99 SHO sold it for $2600 yesterday, and then dropped $600 on a running and driving Centennial Edition! Currently at the shop for the rack & pinion ($340) and he'll get it back in a couple days probably.

He also has to put new head gaskets on his Duratec Sable Wagon, that's the 2nd case that I've heard of a Duratec blowing them. Wonder how many more will pop up in the future. :p

21 - 40 of 477 Posts