Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man-Oh-man, when things decide ot go bad they all hit at once.....
blew my motor mount, not sure which one yet, and then the exhaust pipe behind the catalytic converter breaks off while I am driving, my car turned into a small truck by the sound...lol
to top it off my yard is a mud pit from the snow.....
kinda funny though, my wife almost went through the roof
:huh: :eek:

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
Get mounts from one of the local yards for cheap and fill them with urethane.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
You may want to take this chance to replace both exhaust manifolds and the flange bolts. Life stinks sometimes, but hopefully you don't have to get your emissions done anytime soon. You can at least be thankful for that! ;)

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
QUOTE (94pdpkg @ Jan 14 2010, 02:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=779238
blew my motor mount, not sure which one yet, and then the exhaust pipe behind the catalytic converter breaks off while I am driving, my car turned into a small truck by the sound...lol
:huh: :eek:[/b]
I had a similar experience in my early 20's.
I had a white '89 Chevy Cavalier Station wagon that I treated like a truck hauling things around.
One morning I was driving the "ghost" to take my Mom to an eye appointment.
On the way, going down the freeway, the cat broke in the front and was hanging down facing towards the direction I was traveling. The cat caught on the road causing the car to go up in the air and come back down, on top of what was left of the exhaust system.
Scared the SH!T out of both my mom and me!
Since was early in the morning and still dark, you could see sparks where flying out every while dragging it down the road. After about a minute the cat & muffler finally fell off. I never did replace it, and it had a nice rumbling sound for a while, until the engine finally blew after much abuse and 200K+ miles.
Luckily there are no emissions tests here in FL.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (03SE @ Jan 16 2010, 09:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=779743
QUOTE (94pdpkg @ Jan 14 2010, 02:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=779238
:huh: :eek:[/b]
I had a similar experience in my early 20's.
I had a white '89 Chevy Cavalier Station wagon that I treated like a truck hauling things around.
One morning I was driving the "ghost" to take my Mom to an eye appointment.
On the way, going down the freeway, the cat broke in the front and was hanging down facing towards the direction I was traveling. The cat caught on the road causing the car to go up in the air and come back down, on top of what was left of the exhaust system.
Scared the SH!T out of both my mom and me!
Since was early in the morning and still dark, you could see sparks where flying out every while dragging it down the road. After about a minute the cat & muffler finally fell off. I never did replace it, and it had a nice rumbling sound for a while, until the engine finally blew after much abuse and 200K+ miles.
Luckily there are no emissions tests here in FL.
[/b][/quote]

Dang... I have seen that happen when my uncle and I were in thunder truck racing, but what snapped was the right rear axle shaft and when the shaft broke off from the differential, it stood the little truck on its nose.. when the truck started to flip. I seen the only thing holding the shaft, and the axle, and the wheel on was the brake line....just before it hit the wall.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (00tec-saTX @ Jan 16 2010, 08:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=779726
Buy me some urethane when you get yours. :makeadeal:[/b]
If I had the $$$$$$ I would, right now I am having a hard time with everything.
quit my security job cause the guy didnt pay, and this day labor....blah!
but when things get better.......urethane for everyone...lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts