Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen that new Dodge commercial? You know, where instead of the Hemi blowing away some race car, it's the one where the 95 Ford Taurus SHO blows past the Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi like it's standing still? Haven't seen it yet...? *evil grin*

I was on the highway, on my way home from a...very bad day. We'll leave it at that. I was not in the mood for, well, ANYTHING, and I see a pair of gigantic headlights in my rear view mirror, like two big eyes spying into my car. This truck was on my ass so hard I think I could feel the heat from the headlights. I could smell the bugs on his grill. I could see a piece of food stuck in the guy's teeth. Yeah, he was THAT CLOSE. This genius was humping my poor car's bumper because I wasn't going fast enough (I was doing 70 in a 65), and the cars in the right lane were even slower. I was passing them, but not fast enough, so he was livid.

Sufficed to say, I'm not exactly mr. happy camper myself. Don't let those teeth fool you - that's not a smile, that's my teeth clenched so hard I think I might bite through my own neck...and let's not forget about the vein on the side of my neck throbbing like two midgets wrestling in a wet sock.

The cars on the right subside - I've finally passed them! - and guess what? Mr. Joker figures he's going to pass me in his 'Hemi.' I don't think so, Scooter. Not after that treatment. I throw it back into 3rd at 65 mph, expecting him to fly by me as he jumps into the right lane, and even though I hear that Hemi rumble, he doesn't fly by me. He barely inches ahead of me. If that wasn't great enough, 3rd gear is still going strong, and even though that Hemi rumble is loud, that Yamaha growl is making its presence known and I'm pulling steadily away from the Ram. Another round of cars approach and I have to slow down, and he - from almost a car length behind me - continues flooring it and cuts me off, only to fly into the shoulder lane to pass some other cars.

At this point, I wasn't even mad that he had cut me off. I was laughing my ass off, starting to feel a little better, in knowing my 'little' V6 took his V8 Hemi, bent it over, and said over and over, 'say my name!'

Stats I've seen: Low 15 second quarter mile. Low end towing torque gives it a great launch, but it just doesn't breathe as well up high as the ol' SHO.

Catch phrase of the day: "That thing got a Hemi?"
Give me a break. I got a new catch phrase for you.
"That thing got a Yamaha?"

You're damn straight it does. B)

·
Registered
478 Posts
i would kiss you if it wasnt for such extenuating circumstances..(distance, sex, me having a gf...., me not even knowing you..ect. ect.)

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I seriously doubt the reality of that commercial. A hemi that can run with a Lotus Esprit Turbo. (The other car in the commercial) Don't get me wrong, it's different and cool lookin, but two words stickk out in my mind.....Premium Unleaded

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, because of Firespirit, I've been lurking around dodgeintrepid.net because I find their posts interesting and their cars in the same category as ours - family cars with good potential. Imagine my surprise at this.

http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41567

Some guy from DodgeIntrepid.net showed my post, and now they're all ranting about how Ford drivers are tools, and I'm an idiot. "Oh wow, he beat a pick up truck. Let's see what happens when he race a Magnum, har har."

Seriously, I can't share a story about racing something and be happy about it? From the commercials, Hemis are made to LOOK fast. I thought something like that would take me. I can't be surprised when I smoke one?

Excuse me for telling a story... :huh:

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Don't worry bout those intrepid guys. We could rightfully bash them just as much as they bash us. They're just bashing you/ us b/c we're so good, we SHOwed up on their website. I honestly could care less about the Intrepids, since I don't own one, but that's probably what they think about our cars as well.

BTW, "that thing gotta Yamahammer?"

Y

·
0 Posts
i'd have to say those guys are pissed off b/c there "HEMI" lost.. and who cares if it was beaten by a car.

I raced a new hemi and it was the non extended cab short bed and I barely beat that... i smoked him once we got to higher speeds and yes we started from a light. not on the highway (for all you guys on the intrepid forums) and mines not even the SHO so :p

200hp vs 345hp :lol2: i can care less if its a truck.. they talk all i'm gonna kill you and than once they lose they make the excuse, but i have a truck...

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
You should quit school, quit work, and barricade yourselves in the house and just write stories for us all day, every day. I say, let the veritable creative juices flow! :D

Thank you once again for the entertainment, and nice kill.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by mrcow32@Jul 20 2004, 10:52 AM
Some guy from DodgeIntrepid.net showed my post, and now they're all ranting about how Ford drivers are tools, and I'm an idiot.
A cross-board war will not happen here. Period.

I have no idea who, when, or why they would start a thread about this thread, but don't start going over there to take swings. I know their moderators are saying the same thing. This just makes both boards look bad.

Neither Taurii nor Intrepids have a huge aftermarket available to them. We know they work just as hard as we do to mod their cars and to build aftermarket support, and the finger pointing that starts with posts like these usually leads to personal attacking, Taurus owners signing up on another car site's boards to spam (and vise versa) and a bad taste in everyone's mouths.

Just ask Ashley.

One of the members involved in that little debacle from this board got the boot, and she was here for longer than just about anyone else (over 5 years).

Bob went to di.net and personally apologized for the actions of those members, and the other member eventually offered his apology as well.

That says a lot about the character of Bob. Let's not make him do it again.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't worry Trueblue, I only posted on there to ask what constituted such a thing. I even said I don't want any form of trouble.

And I don't want anyone else to go over there to "defend" me, either.

It's just a story, guys. An entertaining story, meant to entertain. Let's just leave it at that and all be happy. :D

EDIT: I have a friend who has a first gen Intrepid, and I try to find things to help him out - that's why I'm signed up on there. Didn't sign up to start a war or anything.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I know that the intention wasn't there, cow... We've seen it before and they've seen it before. Just heading that one off at the pass before it gets ugly. Apparently I'm not the only one, there's a few moderators over there with the same thoughts I was having.

As for any di.net people reading this, everyone's welcome here. I'm not fawning for the proverbial heads to roll. Mods, thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts