Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate that noise when the door is open and it beeps or when u dont have on your seat belt! anyone know how to get rid of that in a 92 Gen I?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everytime you post u are wasting both of our time! U think everything is easy, im trying to get precise directions on everything because i dont want my car not to work.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
That's the most simplest solution; Key out of ignition = no ding! It would not be wise to remove the box because it will alert you when something is wrong. But if you think I'm wasting your time, don't read what I post! :)

Also > please use the "Search" at the top of the page. There was a similar post on "how-to" remove the alert system on the Taurus. <_<

·
Registered
249 Posts
Originally posted by Anemicmargarita@May 20 2004, 04:35 PM
Everytime you post u are wasting both of our time! U think everything is easy, im trying to get precise directions on everything because i dont want my car not to work.
Whoa, chill!

You can't go through life being so serious and uptight, its not good for your health ;) . Further, if you're gonna be a member on these boards, you're just gonna have to get used to Ash (Firespirit) :p. Trust me, she won't go away! :lol2: :p :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Trace the sound to a box under the dash. Then disconnect the wiring harness from the box. Don't worry about any other stuff trying to warn you with the buzzer since you have lights on the dash to do it for you. Plus I don't think those lights will trigger teh buzzer anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
there is probably a fuse for it, i'd look in the fuse box first.

oh, and Ash is just a big smarta**, don't mind her :p

·
Registered
478 Posts
to get rid of any annoying sounds, just torch the car! :lol2: make sure it has a full tank of gas when u do it to....and dont forget pics! :p

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I pulled the door pin out. No lights come on and no dinging noises.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the box and pulled it out. problem solved, and there was no fuse for it. i noticed it as i put blue fog lights in they were the best 20 bucks i ever spent. The new superwalmart by my house has a huge car section.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a Gen II Sable w/lightbar between headlights. I turn them on in the day all the time. I cannot tell you how many times that beep saved my battery. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
TCCA Staff (Retired)
3,816 Posts
Originally posted by Anemicmargarita@May 20 2004, 04:28 PM
I hate that noise when the door is open and it beeps or when u dont have on your seat belt! anyone know how to get rid of that in a 92 Gen I?
I know it is a misprint, but you have a Gen2 there my man. 1st gen ended in 1991...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts