Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one isn't so cheery. And it doesn't deal with bullshit like rent cars.

An hour ago, I called my dad, to get the schedule straight. I shouldn't have bothered.

He tells me that he's going with his girlfriend's son, to his girlfriend's parent's house for Thanksgiving. Now, I haven't seen any of them since last Thanksgiving. And......I'm not invited to Thanksgiving with them. I didn't bother to ask why.

What kind of father does this to his son? He has spent NOTHING on making an effort to come and see me in the three years I have lived in Wichita. I gave him my house, my Grand Cherokee, my black '88 Starion.......and I have always been the one to go down there to see the family, out of my pocket, with the exception of the plane ticket this year.

Still, that irritates me to no end.

Houston guys, my schedule just eased up quite a bit. If he wants to see me, he can get in ###### line. He was just about that considerate of me.

Zorin

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
:mellow: What the f-uck? That's messed up. I'm not sure what I'll be doing Thurs night. Fri night is a certainty for par-tay. When the crew gets assembled, you'll be the first to know.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
sorry zorin, family should always stick together no matter what.
after all when it comes down to it thats all we have is our family.

i for one would never blow off my family especially for a g/f.

good luck.
hell make yourself a nice meal some ham and yams and corn and eat all day. :thumb:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know, I don't really know why I'm so........honestly.....surprised.

My dad's had a history of being inconsiderate, and typically not thoughtful.

Now, while it's true that I'm pretty much a blunt prick, I DO try, as a rule to at least be considerate and thoughtful. I know, that sounds crazy, but it's true.

On the upside, I have a lot of friends, and my mom, who did pop for the plane ticket, so really, this will work out better for all, I think. She gets more time, and I don't have to put up with the additional stress of dealing with another set of family on Thanksgiving.

Admittedly, I was pretty pissed off when I wrote the first post, and it's just the shocking lack of consideration that really pisses me off.

Zorin

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Not taking sides but once an ultimatum is throw down the decision has been made.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
You suck at Thanksgivings! Be Thankful!

New Bottle of Crown and a fresh bottle of Coke @ the house! Well make it all better!

Of course its gonna cost you helping Rudy Drill my 13" Cobra rotors for the SHO pattern!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Note to self - pack something ******, that we don't mind getting cutting oil and metal chips on.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
Not taking sides but once an ultimatum is throw down the decision has been made.
[/b]
I don't get it. What ultimatum?

Zorin
[/b][/quote]
If he wants to see me, he can get in ###### line. He was just about that considerate of me.

·
Registered
982 Posts
This same **** happened to my brothers girlfriend except it was with her stepsisters family they invited her to thanksgiving dinner with them, and we invited her to thanksgiving dinner with us, she decided to go with her stepsister anyways, we made the dinner reservations, and then two days later her stepsister canceled and we can't change the dinner reservations, now she has now where to go for thanksgiving.

/rant

·
Registered
920 Posts
Sorry Tim, that's pretty messed up. At least you have your mom and plenty of friends down there to hangout with. Hope everything went ok for you yesterday!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, everything went pretty cool. Right now, I am typing this out on Rudy's living room TV set.....which I just took a picture of.....remind me to post that.

Anyway, you should also expect a pretty good viddy out of this.....because we're tearing **** up!

Zorin

·
Registered
920 Posts
Yeah, everything went pretty cool. Right now, I am typing this out on Rudy's living room TV set.....which I just took a picture of.....remind me to post that.

Anyway, you should also expect a pretty good viddy out of this.....because we're tearing **** up!

Zorin
[/b]
I'll look foward to it! Have fun!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts