Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to say THANKS to the forum. Not sure this is thread worthy, but wanted to share my experience. I have a 2002 OHV Vulcan Taurus wagon. I had what I thought was bad fuel for the 3rd time in 4 months. First would be the odd miss in overdrive going up a slight grade. Next it had a random miss. Lastly I had a horrible misfire when starting after a short hot soak. The MIL was on and I had both a random misfire and a P0301 for Cyl 1 Misfire. The plugs and wires were only 3 months old, so they weren't suspect. Scrounging the forum I found that the either the coil or the Camshaft Synchronizer were the suspects misfire or for the miss in Overdrive. I changed the coil first, misfire seemed almost fixed, however still didn't seem perfect. Additionally, THROUGH THE FORUM, I realized that annoying chirp I was hearing was NOT the belt but the Camshaft Synchronizer. OK, That was next. Using the info from the forum (which made it very straight forward) I changed it and just got back from the test drive. WOW, what a difference. Runs like new now. What's odd is I have been having issues for a while and until it really went BAD, no codes were thrown. I was previously oblivious to the Cam Synchronizer failure, so this helped me big time! Digging through the forum has been the best diagnostic tool available! Thanks again.

·
Registered
409 Posts
very good, i too was having the same problems with my 01 ohv. i googled my problem and it took me here. i been here ever since. stick around and you'll be able to fix anything on these cars. these guys and gals know everything about the Bulls!!

·
Spend my 02¢ wisely...
2,337 Posts
As good as on-board diagnostic systems have gotten, they are not perfect and often are only as reliable as the data they're receiving. Sometimes you've still got to do a little research/testing to get to the bottom of a problem. I'm glad the site was able to help you figure it out and get your car running well again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just learned why I heard a belt chirping sound coming from the wrong side of the engine for it to be the belts last night, oh dear..

·
Registered
96 Posts
After starting the car in the freezing cold last night I am 100% sure I also have a failing camshaft synchronizer. So thanks to everyone in this thread! Very convenient timing because I had absolutely no idea what it was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Redcoat17
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing