Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in another post (Don't know where it went) where you said 86 through 90 tauruses have no EGR valves and come with a bypass plate. Anyway, I went to the junkyard today and picked up two plates and it's a direct bolt-on for my duratec. I finally got rid of my stupid lookin EGR valve. Thanks man.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
You serious? It's a bolt on? OWNED!

I need to get me one of those! Did your SES light come on?

·
Registered
106 Posts
i got a question too!

will this affect driveability, or will you notice it all?

Or maybe its just an looks thing...

Adam

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Or more importantly, could you pass emmissions...

-Dan

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
If your area is strict on NOx emissions, don't do it. Or at least swap back your old setup when you go for the test.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Florida has no emissions, so I don't have to worry about passing.

My EGR has been disconnected via vacuum line for a few months, but I was always worried about heat soak. And besides that the egr is just ugly.

Haven't had any drivability issues.

My SES light has been on for the longest time because of a purge control valve problem. That's whole long story to explain that so I won't go into details. But I'm guessing your SES light will come on.

I just need to find a tuner that will reprogram my chip to delete those two codes. Guess I'll shoot an e-mail over to Apten. Does anybody have their e-mail address?

On a plus side, I was driving around for about half hour to 45 mins, and when I parked I checked my UIM and it was cool to touch. But then again, it was about 65 degrees out when I was driving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts