Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank-you TCCA!! This is a great board! I have a 1998 se and thanks to this board did my first install ever. I bought 2 phinox gold xs 12 inch subs in a large box from a friend at work. It also came with a ultimate vx 2350 2ohm 700 watt amplifier. Thanks to the great people of this board, I got it all going. I used a scosche line converter and hooked everything up. A special thank-you to Giant and Ryne! spent days looking for a firewall hole before I found this board. Those pics saved me bro's. Everything seems to be working but there is music coming from the subs, not just bass. I thought the amp had a built in crossover, but it seems not to working, or I have it hooked wrong. Which is quite possible.Big noob here. On the amp the first switch is boost or full. It's switched to full. The second switch has Hpf,Lph,full and it's switched to full. Then theres a dial that says Hph X-over 30-500. The last dial is Lph 50-250. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. My next project is to upgrade the 4, 6x8's, battery, and alternator. Thanks again all!!!! Potts:}

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
The second switch has Hpf,Lph,full and it's switched to full.[/b]
I believe that's your problem if I'm interpreting it correctly. I'm assuming that's High Pass Filter, Low Pass Filter, and Full range...since you're running subs, you'll want that set to low pass. That way, it'll cut out all frequencies above whatever its cutoff is, sending only the bass to your subs.

Hope this helps and welcome to the club! :)

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
:werd: LPF side of that switch is for subs, HPF for tweeters, and Full for your standard indoor speakers. Unless of course you put only speakers inside designed for bass and no mid/high range, then lpf on those. But that isnt part of your application.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all! I switched the amp to lph and it working well now! Just bass. Should I have the lph dial around 90? The amp has 2x 25amp plastic fuses in it. My in-line fuse by the battery should be 50 or 60amp fuse? I can't wait to install the upgraded 6x8's. After much debate I decided to go with 4 infinity reference 6x8's. Still don't know if I should order a cd changer off e-bay or perhaps get satalite radio. Really pleased with car so far, it's been over two years and I've just changed the oil a few times and did the brakes once. Take care, and thanks again everyone!! :tcca_small:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts