Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I'd share some fun I had working with the TN state "Drive drunk- get nailed" program. Some of you may know that I work at a place that buys on average 120 - 140 cars, trucks, SUVs and vans a week for used parts sale. When this summer heat program started, the state already had few vehicles to alter and needed one more. A clean '96 Sable was the perfect choice.
Before:

My crew and I went to work removing the drivetrains and gas tanks from the Sable and a few other cars. Then all the vehicles were transported to the University of Tennessee college, whom designed and built the support braces for the huge steel nails.

The Sable was repainted a odd but different bright red paint (I would have done it black) and nails inserted.

This could be one helluva basketball hoop pole.

The TV commercials are now airing in the area, although the Sable's not on it. The car will be transported all over the state to promote the program then returned to me to set in the display yard and continue its life as a newly painted parts car.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Ahhhh so that is what that car's for. Nice work B)

·
Banned
2,124 Posts
haha i think it is funny really. so the giant nail is made of steal? just curious how you guys (or the college) managed to get it in there? that things got to be pretty heavy?

i agree that is an odd color for a sable but it definatly catches your attention

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Jul 15 2009, 07:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739576
Ahhhh so that is what that car's for. Nice work B)[/b]
Yeah, thats all it was, thanks.
QUOTE (sable23 @ Jul 16 2009, 02:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739853
haha i think it is funny really. so the giant nail is made of steal? just curious how you guys (or the college) managed to get it in there? that things got to be pretty heavy?

i agree that is an odd color for a sable but it definatly catches your attention[/b]
It's galvanized and hollow but still massive. Do you think a car with a big nail in it would be somewhat distracting while driving by? Especially if you didn't know the reason way there's a big nail in a car?

·
Banned
2,124 Posts
defiantly would be distracting!! i know i would be staring and probably to the point where i would have to pull over and take a picture lol

·
Registered
171 Posts
QUOTE (sable23 @ Jul 16 2009, 10:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=740095
defiantly would be distracting!! i know i would be staring and probably to the point where i would have to pull over and take a picture lol[/b]
I saw one of those things at the Walmart in Memphis, it will literally make you want to pull over and touch it!

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Sable (and others) are still floating around out there somewhere. If I did not choose this car for this project, it would have been crushed years ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
major
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing