Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 EATC
I have taken the radio out and trying to investigate the issue of my only heat as per the other threads I have seen on the temp blend door. When I have the car on and I change from full heat to max AC should I see the white circle with the square in it move. I ran the self diagnose test and it doesnt move then either. I get 024 and 025. If it doesnt move do I just need to replace that motor unit.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Probably. Have you manually tried to jog it in either direction by jumpering the correct pins on the harness when it is disconnected from the EATC?

·
Registered
10,952 Posts
Blend Door

2003 EATC
I have taken the radio out and trying to investigate the issue of my only heat as per the other threads I have seen on the temp blend door. When I have the car on and I change from full heat to max AC should I see the white circle with the square in it move. I ran the self diagnose test and it doesnt move then either. I get 024 and 025. If it doesnt move do I just need to replace that motor unit.

Thanks,
024 is a hard fault in the blend door motor.
025 is a fault in the past.

Likely the motor is bad, or the blend door is stuck or broken.

There is a plastic lever on the blend door with an exposed spring that has a history of blocking movement.

-chart-

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably. Have you manually tried to jog it in either direction by jumpering the correct pins on the harness when it is disconnected from the EATC?
No I havnt tried that, I will try that today. How do I know if it is moving or not, should I see something else move, or just that white circle.

·
Registered
10,952 Posts
Blend Door TESt

No I havnt tried that, I will try that today. How do I know if it is moving or not, should I see something else move, or just that white circle.
The Haines diagam shows what is there, but does not show which wire goes to the motor and which to the pot.

The solid OR and the DK BLU/LT GN go to the motor.

You can take a 9V battery and connect either polarity to those wires.
If the motor moves watch it till it stops. If it does not move, reverse the leads and it should move.

No movement and the motor is bad, or the blend door or it's links are broken of stuck.

The motor travels 90 degrees.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
You should usually be able to hear it if you have the radio/AC controls removed.

The white circle moving is a good way to see if it is working, unless you have a Gen2. (Trust me, you don't want to know.)

I did mine by just jumpering, but a 9V battery is also suggested in the service manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts