Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During hot weather does anybody know where the temperature gauge should be with the engine idling, say in traffic and where on the gauge should the electric fan come on at. I have a 96 LX wagon with the Duratec engine.

Also I plan on adding a Transmission cooler not because of any towing but just cause I have heard that it is the right thing to do. If I add this to the front of the A/C condenser will this cause any A/C or overheating issues??

Thank You

1996 LX Wagon with 3.0 Duratec Engine and 112,000 miles

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by FullaBulla@Mar 18 2004, 03:25 PM
During hot weather does anybody know where the temperature gauge should be with the engine idling, say in traffic and where on the gauge should the electric fan come on at. I have a 96 LX wagon with the Duratec engine.

Also I plan on adding a Transmission cooler not because of any towing but just cause I have heard that it is the right thing to do. If I add this to the front of the A/C condenser will this cause any A/C or overheating issues??

Thank You

1996 LX Wagon with 3.0 Duratec Engine and 112,000 miles
NO, putting the cooler near the condenser wont cause any heating issues, there should be significant airflow from the holes in the plastic under the bumper to keep everything A-OK.

-DC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts