Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ohhhh kaayy
I just bought my rear struts for my sable, ordered a rack and pinion and the front struts.

The rear springs are fine. But what i was thinking is would if i got eibach lowering springs for the front and kept the rear ones stock.

-Do you think that would look good?
-Would it just be dumb to have two different kinds of springs?

Also i was thinking if it looked terrible i could always just buy the rear eibach also.........

LEMME KNOW YOUR OPINIONS :merc:

THANKS

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
If you do it, post a pic, I am tbhinking of doing the same thing. I want the car to be lower in the front, not completely level all around.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It's not really a matter of how it looks though. That's a matter of safety. It's not safe to drive on stiff lowered front springs with the back end of the car riding stock. When replacing parts you really shouldn't do it for the asthetic purpose but for more of the performance purpose. So I'd replace all four if you want Eibachs. If you want a better stance you always raise the strut a hair higher in the rear to help balance out that wheel gap.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I know a Gen 1 SHO owner with torched Eibacks on the front and coilovers on the rear.

:dunno:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not really a matter of how it looks though. That's a matter of safety. It's not safe to drive on stiff lowered front springs with the back end of the car riding stock. When replacing parts you really shouldn't do it for the asthetic purpose but for more of the performance purpose. So I'd replace all four if you want Eibachs. If you want a better stance you always raise the strut a hair higher in the rear to help balance out that wheel gap.
[/b]

Yaaa i know i was thinkin about the safety thing,
but im think im gonna give it a try.

ill drive it around to see how it feels, then post pics.
if it doesnt feel right, ill put the eibachs in the rear

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I have H&R lowering springs on the front of my car, with stock Gen III rear springs on the back end. Doing that will be fine, but if I were you, since your car is a 97', I'd order new rear springs, as springs that old will be in rough shape.

JR

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have H&R lowering springs on the front of my car, with stock Gen III rear springs on the back end. Doing that will be fine, but if I were you, since your car is a 97', I'd order new rear springs, as springs that old will be in rough shape.

JR
[/b]

does h&r lower ur car more or less? and r they more or less expensive?

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I know a Gen 1 SHO owner with torched Eibacks on the front and coilovers on the rear.

:dunno:
[/b]
Springs cut with a torch? :noes:

Spring steel becomes hard and brittle when it's heated. Not something I'd want done to my car.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

JR
[/b]

does h&r lower ur car more or less? and r they more or less expensive? [/b][/quote]

You can't go much lower than Eibachs anyways. I'm running SARC struts in hard mode (much stiffer than any available SLO strut, sans Koni inserts) and I still put the tire into the fender on rare occasions. Any lower and there would be serious issues.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i thought eibachs came in sets of 4.
not to mention it looks goofy if the rear is lower than the front.
[/b]
haha well yeah the whole idea is to have the rear higher than the front

1 - 13 of 13 Posts