Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I filled up with chevron 93 octane and used a bottle of techron that treats up to 20 gallons. I was wondering if all that extra techron makes the fuel burn hotter than normal. Anybody have experience with this?

Is it bad or not reccomended to do back to back injector cleaners? Because the tank before I used a bottle of valvoline complete fuel system cleaner.

BTW, I used 93 octane because I have a chip.

I was just asking if it makes the fuel burn hotter because my temp guage finally made it up to half way when I wa stuck in traffic, maybe slightly above half, but only briefly. Maybe I just need to flush my radiator, who knows.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I usually use Chevron 87 with no additives, but I don't really notice much of a difference. I did dump a bottle of fuel system cleaner in the tank a few days ago, so I'll have to wait and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
You shouldn't have a problem running Techron gas and Techron additive at the same time. The concentration in Chevron's gasoline is much lower than you'd get by adding a bottle of concentrate to the tank. However, you shouldn't run too many additives back-to-back. Inevitably, some will get past the rings into the oil--even if it is a minute quantity. In addition, it breaks down the oil film on the cylinder walls much more rapidly than regular air/fuel mixture does. So theoretically, if you do it frequently (several dozen times, I'd think) you could end up scratching your cylinder walls. In the real-world, I think it's OK to do it every once in a while.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I should be ok on this one. When I ran the valvoline it was right before an oil change. And I dumped in the techron right after the oil change. I run good oil(mobil1 with k&n filter), so hopefully if it did get contaminated it'll still be good.

So the concentrated stuff doesn't make it burn hotter? I guess it was just a fluke.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dumb me doesn't read posts before replying lol

-Edited for stupidity-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts