Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dunno: i am so sick of hearing these teachers already.

oh dear god we have to pay 20% of our health insurance and not get a kick back if we
don't use the town insurance. we had a pay cut. could it be your pay is so out of whack
for a nine month job from 8:30- 3:30. :dunno:

am i the only one who thinks this is fair, enough is enough now the burden
is killing home owners, especially since i pay for the schools i do not use and for that matter
my brother and i have never used our public school system either.

teacher dispute

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
IT just yet another example of how counter productive unions are. I can list PLENTY of people with teaching degrees who can't find a job and would be more than happy to take the place of these "teachers". If they did though, they would most assuredly get assaulted while crossing picket lines and the cops do little to nothing about that.

Brian ... you know a Steve Brown?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Teachers do a lot more than 8 hour days. At least the good ones do.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
We actually have a union dispute going on right now at work...

Our food services group's contract was up last week, and Aramark came in to take over, but said they'd keep all the old workers, and honor their union's contract. At the end, they told the workers that they were not going to honor the contract, and that they'd need to take a $5 pay cut to keep their jobs (these are line cooks making $20+/hour).

So, the union walked out, and now they're outside the plant with a giant inflatable RAT, protesting.

Course, it looks bad for Lockheed, because we've got people protecting outside with a giant rat, even though they're not protesting US, they're protesting Aramark...

It is pretty funny, though.

[/b]
I don't know many good ones anymore. Most are too preoccupied with filling children's heads with bullshit.

JR

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
[/b]
I don't know many good ones anymore. Most are too preoccupied with filling children's heads with bullshit.

JR
[/b]
Small town teachers are much better than the city ones. And when the school curriculum is dictated by the state then you get what the state thinks you should know.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
my wife is a teacher.
1. she works about 10hrs a day m-f.
2. Deals with STUPID PARENTS and i do mean stupid parents. The best example is the womanizer husband that has a son does not respect the female teachers or principal and does not under stand why his actions set the example for his son.
3. spends 1/2 the summer redoing her lessen plans to match the new state curriculum and testing requirements
4. has to discipline the children that are not disciplined at home.
5. has do work with children that have been mainstreamed into the classroom (THANK YOU BUSH)
If you don't know what that means then you are not paying enough attention to your children's education.
6. has to comply with the 4 page legal document for each child with a learning disability

reducing teachers pay will only hurt your children. The union will say that any reduction in pay or benifits will result in working to the letter. So, no gradeing papers after school, no talking to parents about children after school, ect.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Amen crackah!! The freeking school passed my son last year, going from 4th TO 5th. That's the "no child left behind" for you, all these ******** wanted was their money, and after it was in hand, it didn't matter what happened to him. I didn't believe he was ready for 5th, but they told me it wasn't MY decision??!?!?!?!? WTF??? So this year, 5th grade, and he's had troubles in class to the extent that the school physically transferred him to a completely different school. So far he's doing much better, only problem, he's been labeled as a troublemaker because of the other school.

My sister has a teaching degree, she taught for a while and has not gone back, for whatever reason. I know there were discrepancies with the way she wanted to teach, and what the particular school wanted her to teach.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IT just yet another example of how counter productive unions are. I can list PLENTY of people with teaching degrees who can't find a job and would be more than happy to take the place of these "teachers". If they did though, they would most assuredly get assaulted while crossing picket lines and the cops do little to nothing about that.

Brian ... you know a Steve Brown?
[/b]
oh yea the aclu *******.

We actually have a union dispute going on right now at work...

Our food services group's contract was up last week, and Aramark came in to take over, but said they'd keep all the old workers, and honor their union's contract. At the end, they told the workers that they were not going to honor the contract, and that they'd need to take a $5 pay cut to keep their jobs (these are line cooks making $20+/hour).

So, the union walked out, and now they're outside the plant with a giant inflatable RAT, protesting.

Course, it looks bad for Lockheed, because we've got people protecting outside with a giant rat, even though they're not protesting US, they're protesting Aramark...

It is pretty funny, though.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

JR
[/b][/quote]
aramark is a bigger joke.
jill ratted them out at her school. kids didn't have money so they wouldn't give them a lunch and make
them pay later. instead the lunch ladies had tupperwares full of leftover food they
were taking home. until jill said something.

don't get me started on the "no child left behind bs.

you make aides to teachers get what is equivalent to an associates degree to run off
papers and watch the lunches and recess and your all paying for that.

not to mention every kid sits and waits while the teacher has to have special instructions
for IEP while your son/daughter falls further behind.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well you're whining about their pay, I just wondered.
[/b]
no they do not make more then me.

whining about their pay. :dunno: i was complaining about the burden
they put on home owners. i would love to know how many of the teachers
even live in EP.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Most teachers earn their pay.
I should know, I am one.

Feel free to walk a day in my shoes.
I work on checking papers and setting up curriculum at least 1-2 hours per night.
We attend many after school activities (with no extra pay) having to do with school and our students.
I'm putting in at least 20 hours at home this weekend to work on report cards.
I spent this summer going to 4 workshops and setting up my entire year's math curriculum because it gets changed so often.
Oh, and I just can't call in sick when I please.
First I have to set up lesson plans for any day I'm out. Those plans take a few hours to set up.
Then I have to go in early the next day to get ready for my students coming in.
Not to mention have double papers to check that night.

Maybe those child protective workers need to pay more out of their pocket too?????????????????????????
Don't they put a burden on taxpayers since they work for the state??

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Most teachers earn their pay.
I should know, I am one.

Feel free to walk a day in my shoes.
I work on checking papers and setting up curriculum at least 1-2 hours per night.
We attend many after school activities (with no extra pay) having to do with school and our students.
I'm putting in at least 20 hours at home this weekend to work on report cards.
I spent this summer going to 4 workshops and setting up my entire year's math curriculum because it gets changed so often.
Oh, and I just can't call in sick when I please.
First I have to set up lesson plans for any day I'm out. Those plans take a few hours to set up.
Then I have to go in early the next day to get ready for my students coming in.
Not to mention have double papers to check that night.

Maybe those child protective workers need to pay more out of their pocket too?????????????????????????
Don't they put a burden on taxpayers since they work for the state??
[/b]
where should i begin.

CPS we already pay 20% of our health insurance. :dunno: have done so since i began. :dunno:
if my wife opts out of my coverage we do not get a kick back for not using the state plan.
See funny thing about our burden, if we ever had full staff i would imagine we would so we run
with bare bones. should i mention pay raise freeze for the second year. :dunno:

have you gotten a raise???????????????????????????

so you tell me you don;t get paid or comp time for attending these seminears. during the summer.
you also don't get prep time and enrichment time for the kids.

Can't call in sick when you want. :lol2: so how many days do you get a year 15?????
oh yea how many years you have vested in this profession.
do you carry over these sick days you don;t use.
do you use a student teacher thats extra pay for you.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Gee Bryan, did I hit a nerve??

You can bring up other professions, but when we bring up yours???????????????????

In before the lock!!

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gee Bryan, did I hit a nerve??

You can bring up other professions, but when we bring up yours???????????????????

In before the lock!!
[/b]
hit a nerve. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: not at all i simply stated some facts you
did not bring up about your profession. funny i came out and gave you my specs on my job
but you did not respond to any about yours.
pay raise. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
sick days?????????????
did i hit a nerve?????????

·
Registered
285 Posts
[/b]

my wife is a teacher.
1. she works about 10hrs a day m-f.
2. Deals with STUPID PARENTS and i do mean stupid parents. The best example is the womanizer husband that has a son does not respect the female teachers or principal and does not under stand why his actions set the example for his son.
3. spends 1/2 the summer redoing her lessen plans to match the new state curriculum and testing requirements
4. has to discipline the children that are not disciplined at home.
5. has do work with children that have been mainstreamed into the classroom (THANK YOU BUSH)
If you don't know what that means then you are not paying enough attention to your children's education.
6. has to comply with the 4 page legal document for each child with a learning disability

reducing teachers pay will only hurt your children. The union will say that any reduction in pay or benifits will result in working to the letter. So, no gradeing papers after school, no talking to parents about children after school, ect.
[/b]

DITTO X2

Teachers have it rough. Already way underpaid for the job they do.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
34 years vested.
I have 15 sick days a year, used 3 in the last 2 years (1 for a doctors trip for my dad and 2 for his funeral).
Most of my collegues don't use theirs either.
Sick days accumulate to a certain number, you need a doctors note after 3 and we lose those days without pay on retirement. I've been over the limit for 20 years so I lose on the average 10-12 sick days per year without pay.
1% raise this year and more out of pocket (20%) on medical.
No raise coming up.
We get paid for student teachers? Not here. In fact its more work because we work with them before and after school, writing up observations, meeting with their professor, etc.

And Bryan, I'm done.
I don't need to stick up for my profession.
I enjoy the job and find it very rewarding.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts