Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be possible to to add some Sables to that bar at the top of the page? Im not trying to be annoying or stuck up, but Sables are Tauri, too. I say Tauri on one side of the Banner, and Sables on the other. I noticed at the bottom of the main page that this site is copyrighted, so I bet it would cost money to get that done, right?

So I guess I have three questions:
1) Can we have Sables up there?
2) Would it cost anything to change the banner?
3) Have I completely oversteped my jurisdiction?

I know that afterall, this is the Taurus Car Club, but it's just a thought. :icon_idea:

G

·
Sables are like the red headded step children of the TCCA (no offense to anyone who may be a red headded step child). But Taurus's defintely outnumber sables on the site.

Either way. We're working on changing the way everything looks around here. We'll see what we can do. I don't want this to get out of hand though. Next could be those with sho's saying they aren't represented. Or people with green cars. Etc etc...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the kind of thing I was afraid of, and the reason for my 3rd question. But at least the SHOs are semi-represented because they have Tauri all over the site.

Either way, Sables or no Sables, this is still the best car forum I've seen in a long time. Too many nice people, and too many awesome rides.

G

·
Originally posted by Adam B.@Aug 24 2004, 11:19 PM
Next could be those with sho's saying they aren't represented.  Or people with green cars.  Etc etc...
Do you have something against green cars?? Or SHOs?? or even worse (I mean better) Green SHOs???

:lol2: j/k j/k

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by Adam B.@Aug 24 2004, 11:19 PM

Either way. We're working on changing the way everything looks around here.
Can we go back to the dark background with the lighter (white/grayish) lettering? PLEASE? :D

G

·
Originally posted by DeltarMN@Aug 25 2004, 01:05 PM
What if you make 2 difrent skins for the forums. One for the Taurs (the curent one) and then one with All the Gens of sables at the top in the same fasion. Then in the "My Controls" section memberes will be able to choose which one they want to use.
Then which one do the guest view? or would we then have a universal one?

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Then which one do the guest view? or would we then have a universal one?
they get a black and white version with no color :p (hey its free to join)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What if you make 2 difrent skins for the forums. One for the Taurs (the curent one) and then one with All the Gens of sables at the top in the same fasion. Then in the "My Controls" section memberes will be able to choose which one they want to use.
I like it! :notworthy:

G

·
In a word. No. Not only does that seem very obsessive. But apparently you guys have no idea how much work is put into this kind of stuff. If you design it, photoshop it, etc, and it looks good. I *might* make another skin for it. But seriously, Taurus, Sable.....it's the same damn car. :???:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I agree with Adam. My car looks almost exactly like Ashley's Toreador Red Taurus. There's no reason to have a Sable skin. Besides the fact that our cars look almost exactly alike, I concur that it's an OBSCENE amount of work to get something like that out. People'd be working mad hours to get on something like that. I like this place the way it is!

JR

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As much as I like the idea of having other skins to pick from, it would be a lot of work for someone who wasn't planning to spend a month playing with Photo Shop. And yes, they're the same car, so in the long run, it doesnt really matter. T'was merely a suggestion.

G

·
Originally posted by Adam B.+Aug 25 2004, 07:03 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adam B. @ Aug 25 2004, 07:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DeltarMN@Aug 25 2004, 01:05 PM
What if you make 2 difrent skins for the forums.  One for the Taurs (the curent one) and then one with All the Gens of sables at the top in the same fasion.  Then in the "My Controls" section memberes will be able to choose which one they want to use.
In a word. No. Not only does that seem very obsessive. But apparently you guys have no idea how much work is put into this kind of stuff. [/b][/quote]
You could charge for custom ones.. :lol2: :p

G

·
And it's not a bad suggestion at all. I'm one of the ones who doesn't know how much it takes to make something like that. I would imagine it's a lot of work though.

All I can say is if someone is willing to make a workable copy, perhaps Adam can do something with it.

Now that's not a promise, Adam (and the rest of us, members and staff alike) have a lot going on, and something like this would be on a as-time-allows basis. :)

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Is it me or does that bar up there doesn't match up towards the ends? It seems jagged. And the first three cars are SHOs.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
It doesn't bother me one way or another.. I say keep it as-is until there is a real reason to change it.

G

·
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Aug 25 2004, 08:13 PM
Is it me or does that bar up there doesn't match up towards the ends?
It matches if you use lower screen resolution.. but... is the trade off really worth it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts