Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i had a idea for a sticker.

"survivor" For those Taurus/Sables that have withstood the test of time, and rescued before death. For example the 1992 i am buying has a bad muffler, some body rust, and a loose front bumper. Plus it has a 3.8L, a engine that many junked due to the headgasket issues.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If enough people are interested I run a small business and have my own vinyl cutter, I could produce the vinyls easily enough, I can also redo or touch up any designs if need be. Keep me informed and I'll see what I can do and what it may cost, naturally the more interest we get the cheaper I can make them for everyone.

EDIT: A few things to keep in mind, the simpler the design the easier/cheaper it will be to produce, more colors = more layers and thus nearly doubling production cost per color, Clean designs transfer better to the plotter, keep it streamlined and smooth and the vinyl will look good at any size, the more detailed the vinyl the larger it has to be made to look right (which in turn also increases costs)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would be all for the Decal for my 04.

Instead of just "survivor", have a choice of either Survivor or the Chapter Name.

·
Registered
13 Posts
im in , though id like it with the chapter name as well ,northwest, though survivor is cool too mine is a 98 148000 and running strong by the way cool drawing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds simple enough I could manage to make those. (both in survivor and chapter names without any issues)

I do have a question for Ace Convoy however, the bull logo you drew although it has an altered surround is very similar to the TCCA logo that is already being produced by another company. Did you get permission from the board admin to reproduce the logo? I wouldnt be comfortable producing the vinyls if not. HOWEVER if you cant get permission Im more than willing to redraw an alternate version thats different from the old bull (but still similar to your design) then Ill run the design by the admin and double check that they approve of having the TCCA name associated with it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sounds simple enough I could manage to make those. (both in survivor and chapter names without any issues)

I do have a question for Ace Convoy however, the bull logo you drew although it has an altered surround is very similar to the TCCA logo that is already being produced by another company. Did you get permission from the board admin to reproduce the logo? I wouldnt be comfortable producing the vinyls if not. HOWEVER if you cant get permission Im more than willing to redraw an alternate version thats different from the old bull (but still similar to your design) then Ill run the design by the admin and double check that they approve of having the TCCA name associated with it.
I actually wasn't aware of that, Go ahead and redraw.

;)

·
Administrator
6,641 Posts
Me three!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Me four! If i get this wagon this weekend it seems fitting. A 2000 Sable wagon with almost every option and (supposedly) no rust and only 95,000 miles, a survivor badge seems fitting :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
17 Replies
14 Participants
jag1959
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing