Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<div align='center'>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When
The TCCA will be hosting our Spring 2009 road course event at Gingerman Raceway on Saurday May 9th in South Haven, MI.
<div align='center'>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What
This event will be handled as all of our previous track days have; as a driver's education course and test 'n tune. It is not a race and aggressive driving will not be permitted.

Drivers will be divided into classes (novice, intermediate & advanced) so individuals with similar driving abilities will be on the track at the same time. Passing will only be permitted in the higher run groups; even then it will only be on the long straights. Passing in corners or any non-designated portion of the track will not be permitted.

Novice group members will be required to attend the novice driver's meeting held immediately after the general drivers' meeting first thing in the morning. Instruction for novice drivers will be provided. Specific details will be announced in the novice driver's meeting.

This event is for everyone - track experience is not required! This is a great opportunity to learn the dynamics of your car; which can prove useful on the street or on the track. Most importantly, it is like nothing else - we promise you will have a ton of fun!

There will be a new 2010 Taurus SHO at this event!
Pricing
(prices are per car, not per driver)

$175/car

Payments are due ASAP, please get in touch with me if special arrangements are needed. We are trying to be flexible to get as many people as possible to attend this event!

Payments can be sent via paypal to [email protected]
If you want to send a check, money order or another payment method, please contact me.
EVENT IS ON RAIN OR SHINE!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The price gets you all day participation at this event (including a pizza lunch). Run groups will be cycled evenly throughout the day and there will be a one hour lunch break (no cars permitted on the track at that time). At our events, everyone has always gotten more track time than they can use. We promise you will get more than enough time for your money! Run groups will remain small - the track will not be crowded and there is plenty of "comfort space".

If you have any questions, please ask.

Information will be regularly updated here, please keep an eye on this thread!

Schedule and Tech Forms are attached.

Thanks,
-Jason Kennedy
President
Taurus Car Club of America, Inc.
330-806-5832
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the list of attendees. If you see any errors on this, please let me know.

Attendees list:

1. Mike N. - paid in full
2. Jeremiah J. - paid in full
3. John H. - paid in full
4. Kurt M. - paid in full
5. Brad B. - paid in full
6. Brian Z. - paid in full
7. Jason K. - paid in full
8. Kate C. - paid in full
9. Zach L. - paid in full
10. Larry P. - paid in full
11. Dave K. - paid in full
12. Rob - arrangements made
13. Derek B - paid in full
14. Joe V - paid in full
15. Dale I - paid in full

There are some I don't yet have names confirmed for, oddly enough.

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:bump:

We're still looking for people to attend this, guys! Please continue to cross-post and spread the word! If you've cross posted already it'd be appreciated if you would bump the thread and keep pushing for people to come. :)

There will not be a better time for you to get out on a track for the first time if you've never done it before! You do NOT need anything special done to your car and I PROMISE you'll still have a great time. This is one of those things you just have to try at least once if your life. ;) Pricing will NEVER be better and you'll never have a chance to run with a better, small group of helpful people!

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:bump:

We still have a TON of room for more people and we'd like to have some more.

Please continue to help us spread the word for this event!! If you've cross posted please take a few moments to bump the threads on other forums.

If there are people interested you could e-mail, please do.

Some of you that have never been on a road course but don't want to put your cars on there should come out for the day. You'll have a blast getting rides from people and get to see what it's all about. It's a blast just to go watch if nothing else!

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another UPDATE: We are working with Ford right now to possibly have a *special* surprise vehicle at the track.

If you want to know what it is you'll just have to come find out. :D B)

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (jason8225 @ Apr 27 2009, 05:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721114
Another UPDATE: We are working with Ford right now to possibly have a *special* surprise vehicle at the track.

If you want to know what it is you'll just have to come find out. :D B)[/b]
Oh you son of a bitch!, i was just at the dealer and fell inlove with the new fusion and new stang....###### i wish i could go.

But i am loving my new tires! :)

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (steve00SES @ May 2 2009, 05:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=722345
QUOTE (jason8225 @ Apr 27 2009, 05:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721114

If you want to know what it is you'll just have to come find out. :D B)[/b]
Oh you son of a bitch!, i was just at the dealer and fell inlove with the new fusion and new stang....###### i wish i could go.

But i am loving my new tires! :)
[/b][/quote]
LOL, that's good - the new Fusion and Mustang are AWESOME!!!

UPDATE: There will be a 2010 SHO at our event! B) :woot:

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Totally SWEEEEETTT! Can we drive it, or is this more like show-and-tell?

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ May 3 2009, 11:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=722709
Totally SWEEEEETTT! Can we drive it, or is this more like show-and-tell?[/b]
Yes, I'm very excited about this! :banana:

There might be rides, but probably not drives. :)

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
*jealous*

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Everyone,

Just a few last minute items regarding the Gingerman Event this Saturday.

The lunch provided on Saturday will be a box lunch rather than pizza as originally planned (sandwiches, chips, potato/macaroni salad, etc.).

FRIDAY NIGHT - Anybody arriving in South Haven tomorrow (Friday, May 8th) - a group of us is planning to go to Clementine's for dinner - probably around 7:30. If you'd like to be in on this please let me know and I'll try to get a reservation in. Please meet us in the hotel parking lot around 7:00 so we can arrange carpooling, etc. into downtown. I'll be there with the Red Expedition towing my Red Mustang. :) I plan to arrive mid-afternoon and will be working on brakes and a tire swap.

Otherwise, please follow the track schedule (especially instructors and anyone else able to help). The instructor's meeting time will basically be a brief staff meeting.

If anybody is unable to attend only due to cost reasons, please let me know - there is an opportunity that has become available that could help get you there.

We are still open to last minute entries, just let me know!

See you in South Haven!

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
:lol2: The event was an absolute blast, pictures and video will be made available to this forum very soon; the first grouping is now up on my Garage page for the 2005 SEL. To anyone who wanted to make it out to Gingerman Raceway but weren't able to, I assure you that it was an extraordinary experience and that attending one of the club's future track meets is something you won't soon forget! Kudos to Jason for making all of this happen, and to everyone else- please consider the next TCCA track meet (or meets :p ) an event definitely worth coming to.

*Edited 5/9 at 10:48pm CT*

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the invite out there Jason! Had a good time today! Little squirrelly in the rain but once it went dry it was the normal gingerman I was used too! Expect with zero traffic out there! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts