Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Tcca Is Back!

11K views 54 replies 51 participants last post by  TwiliteFlyer 
#1 ·
Hey guys! Welcome back! As you know, we have been down for the better part of the week due to sudden server outage. We just plain outgrew the old server that the club owned! We have now moved the forums to a new host that will manage the service and prevent the problems that we were having!

We still have a few things to finish up on the new forum in the next few days. Some sections are still not available or have limited availability, but we will have everything back to normal soon! You will notice that your avatars, personal photos and uploads may still be missing...we should have that remedied soon. You may upload a new avatar or personal pic if you like. The banner up top is also temporary as we need to have a new banner made. Remember, we all have jobs and lives outside of the TCCA, so these things do take some time.

In the mean time, welcome back! Also, a big thanks to Jason and Adam for the hard work getting the site back up and running!

#2 ·
Welcome back everyone - sorry this happened but as Barry indicated we just suddenly outgrew the old server we bought a couple years or so ago and suddenly found ourselves in a bind.

Many thanks to Barry for his help with getting this addressed - he takes no credit when he should be taking a lot! :)

Without Adam and Barry we would not have been able to get things back up and running!

Moving to a host-managed server should address all the issues we were having and make it so the site isn't totally dependent on me, Adam and Barry (who all have day jobs ;)).

Thanks for your patience and welcome back! B)

#10 ·
Nice new look liked both of them! Wow :)

#13 ·
This one's got a real nice sharp look to it. Cool B)

#18 ·
A big thank you to Barry, Adam and Jason for getting our club going again and for all the great upgrades!

You guys are appreciated for all the time and effort you do to keep us up and going!! :thumb:

#20 ·
i love the old forum i have not had time yet to look this one over closely but i am sure i will like it none the less! thanks for keeping this great place going! this is the best forum i have ever been a member of none of the other ones online even compare!!! Whoo i could just jump and down i am so excited i dont even know where to start lol i was lost without this place.

only one problem it will not let me post this for some reason i hit the button and its not doin anything...

ok i got it to work by highlighting whst i typed and right click and copy then it went but it posted one for every time i hit post

#23 ·
Sweet, I was going bored without having a place to hang out. Then I bought a PS3 and forgot all about this place being down :D

Glad to have it back :)

#25 ·
QUOTE (jason8225 @ Feb 28 2009, 05:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=703931
Welcome back everyone - sorry this happened but as Barry indicated we just suddenly outgrew the old server we bought a couple years or so ago and suddenly found ourselves in a bind.

Many thanks to Barry for his help with getting this addressed - he takes no credit when he should be taking a lot! :)

Without Adam and Barry we would not have been able to get things back up and running!

Moving to a host-managed server should address all the issues we were having and make it so the site isn't totally dependent on me, Adam and Barry (who all have day jobs ;)).

Thanks for your patience and welcome back! B)[/b]

Yeah I thought it was gone too...a guy on the ford forum site gave me the address of your server..he told me you were upgrading ..so I posted on ford forums you were only down temporarly...alot of guys were relieved!! I even got a message from a member in ISRAEL!!! he wanted to know more..so I told him what was going on..I can breathe a sigh of relief.now AAAAAAAH!!!
A quick question..what happened to the link topic finder that was categorized into sections, i.e. body,engine chassis,interior,etc?

#26 ·
Welcome back! Looks nice. I never worry about outgrowing the server. I work for a hosting company that offers unlimited bandwidth and disk space. :) I had a very active forum going there as well. In fact, I run the server that hosts CGI apps! LOL!

I'm glad you found a place that fits your needs. Transferring domains is what seems to takes the most time while they get things active. Could take a day or two right there. Then transferring the database, etc. I know because I went through it once getting an active site transferred to my own hosting. Wasn't easy. And it takes awhile once up and running to get the new stuff going again.

You'll get there though. You've already done a great job with the transfer. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.