Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 214 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by GreenStreak@Oct 2 2006, 11:48 AM
I'm sure someone has the link around here. There was a site around before there were any actual forums. It was just a listing of members with pics of their cars. Black background IIRC.
Yeah that's right, I'm quoting myself. :D Looks like it was just the members listing off the main page back then:

http://members.tripod.com/~tauruscarclub/members.htm

I still recognize a couple names.

And it looks like you missed a President Tom. :eek: :p From the old main page:
Recent 1999 - Longtime TCCA Vice-President and short time President Kevin O'Neal has resigned his position in order to make time to finish work and find another car. We thank both him and PoC for the smashing good job they have done and wish them both well. Both Kevin and PoC will still be with us as Acting Advisors. Thanks Kevin.
I still think all this stuff is really cool to look through. Even in the archives (which don't seem all that old to me), you get to see a lot of names of people that haven't been around in a while.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Awww snap, Kevin was prez for a while? Crazy! Nice find Rob. :thumb:
No problem Sean, just want to keep this on track here.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Wow, this is some great information! Sticky/Main page this for future reference?

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Ahhhh, more interesting finds. Go to the old main page (http://members.tripod.com/~tauruscarclub/), click on TCCA Staff/Info, then click TCCA Staff in the upper left corner. Seems June Han was president for a while after Kevin, and Tom Leser was VP.

Yeah, who is this Mr. Nigerian guy? How would he know about Doc if he's been here for less than a month? A member in disguise methinks :ph34r: . lol

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
One more thing I noticed, in the Members listing, there is not ONE SHO member. I guess if you have a SHO, you couldn't be a member. I didn't remember that... I gusss I was lucky that I had an Essex at the time. :banana: :chili:

A

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by TrueBlue+Oct 2 2006, 03:34 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TrueBlue @ Oct 2 2006, 03:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-2000FFV@Oct 2 2006, 03:30 PM
Speaking of that ^, how is it done per say in a FWD car like ours? I've got a genIV but i cant stay put and burn them. Do you get 'em spinnin and lock the parking brake? or what... just curious i would kinda like to show some people what my car can really do..

*puts on flame retardant suit*
:ugh:
=Sean
His was a pretty modded Vulcan. You can just brake-torque the engine for a second and sidestep the brake pedal.

Let's keep this on topic here though :) [/b][/quote]
I'm pretty sure he had a different torque converter...

I've been around for a while, 6-7 years maybe... I can bring everything together and fill in a few gaps and whatnot when I get home from work.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
:notworthy:

Many thanks for the info guys. :thumb:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah, don't forget June and Tom and what they DID for the club. June lead the club when we needed help the most, in the begining after Poc left. If it wasn't for Tom this club wouldn't be what it is today. It was Tom that seperated the club from the BBS forum and helped create our current "style" of forums.

Don't forget
Squagle
Kevin
Spragers

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
ive only been here since late 02. joined in 03. but from talking with jeramie (95se) he said when he did that burnout pic. it was at a uhaul rental parking lot. right after they had thier sprinklers on. so i figure he positioned his rear tires in dry, and front in wet.. causeing lots of smoke and not as much front traction but plenty of rear.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Spragers still stops in from time to time. :thumb: Jimmy actually signed up a few months back but he only posted a few things n the Intro forum and then took off.

Yeah, I forgot about Mr. Han - he was pretty key in getting this club up after poc left.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
PoC has posted some stuff on his Saturn that he has built. Atleast a while ago that is.

hmm when did I join..... I think in january of 02. I have been here since Mallow was present. maybe someone before but i don't think I knew we even had a president until Mallow passed the reigns to Bob. I have gone through 2 Forums changes. Back then I owned a 96 Duratec Sable with the only known working Duratec Performance High flow y-pipe ( no cats ).

Yeah jerzy-stylez had a pretty car. Lots of asthetic mods and they were not too tacky.

I also remember the Jason King intake man that thing was awesome. It was for a vulcan and he modified it to use a mustang 5.0L throttle body. it was like 33% increase in the throttle opening.

yup spragers is still around he has a cool gen 1 popo edition along with gen 3 SHO.

Mr Nigerian you should reveal yourself.... at least give us some clues as to who you are.

21 - 40 of 214 Posts