Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know but isnt there still wires for the coils? They list them as having them.

The regular taylors were updated as well: Here

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,049 Posts
I know but isnt there still wires for the coils? They list them as having them.

The regular taylors were updated as well: Here [/b]
The COP's just have a spring type thing about 5" long that goes from the actual coil to the plug.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm interesting. Then I take it you dont need them then.

It is meant to cover the various years, so if you dont need them well then you dont need them.

Fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
You guys have em in stock? I just ordered some from Summit on Thursday and they wont have them in stock until the 27th...

·
Registered
731 Posts
so is there really any difference between wires, i have the taylor already, and am looking at your coil packs, just i dont really think of gettin a better spark, as that much of an upgrade?

anyone clear up how a bigger coil pack helps as an upgrade?

dam i wish i got red

the ACCEL super Coil <-- need to redo my wires and plugs soon, just wondering

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ThunderVolt should be better wires. I would rather go with them for wires.

Some have said that the coil pack helps.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
I'm just wondering if you've had the G4 vulcan wires out of the box...

Because I ordered some from Summit before you started offering them, and I finally got em on today. But the part of the wire that goes onto the plugs, is reaaaally long compared to the stock ones. I know I've seen boots like that on other vehicles, so i'm wondering if I got the wrong ones... Main reason it bugs me is because on cylinder #1, the boot sticks out and just touches the EGR tube, the wire touches also. This is the only cylinder that it touches, #2's wire would touch but I was able to route it so it wouldn't. From just a couple short runs w/ the car idleing the egr didn't get hot, just warm, and the manifold was hot enough to give a nice burn if you left your hand on it too long. Dunno if this is gonna be a problem or not...

BTW, the part number i ordered from summit is TAY-82233, is that the same one you guys have?

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I'm sorry guys, Taylor wires are a terrible idea on any fuel injected vehicle or any vehicle with electronic management. The Taylor wires have no real EMF shielding and cause interference with other electronics. They are known to cause lots of problems that you may not even think are caused by the wires you use. For the primitive technology used, the price is extremely high. You are probably better off running stock wires.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
so is there really any difference between wires, i have the taylor already, and am looking at your coil packs, just i dont really think of gettin a better spark, as that much of an upgrade?

anyone clear up how a bigger coil pack helps as an upgrade?

dam i wish i got red

the ACCEL super Coil <-- need to redo my wires and plugs soon, just wondering
Accel super coil + taylor.................. :evil:

Lucky B)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sorry guys, Taylor wires are a terrible idea on any fuel injected vehicle or any vehicle with electronic management. The Taylor wires have no real EMF shielding and cause interference with other electronics. They are known to cause lots of problems that you may not even think are caused by the wires you use. For the primitive technology used, the price is extremely high. You are probably better off running stock wires.
I am not sure what problems you are talking about. I run them on the SHO with no problems and same for many others. I do not seem them as expensive compared to $200 OEM wires.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts