Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The struts on my Taurus are getting pretty soft and I'm looking to replace them (and the tires) next spring. I'm hoping to nab a set when Monroe offers their annual "buy 3 get one free" deal.

Now, looking around on Rock Auto, I noticed that there is a "taxi package" option for the rear struts. Looking at the pictures, the taxi struts look to have much stiffer springs, presumably to last longer and make the car more balanced and comfortable while hauling passengers all day, every day.

Of course, the "let's modify it" part of me is thinking that using the much stiffer taxi struts would tighten up the rear of the car rather nicely and improve cornering response.

Are these struts a direct replacement for my "standard" struts? If so, has anyone used these?

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
I put them in a '03 Sable as I always had a loaded trunk with tools and equipment. Definitely stiffer/firmer ride. Direct bolt in replacement. Only bigger stabilizer bars are gonna put anything if any ''sportyness'' into these family sedans.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Just out of curiosity, does anyone actually make larger sway bars for our cars? I seem to remember looking a little while back, but couldn't really find anything. Or maybe the SHOs had a heavier sway bar and it's as simple as just ordering the OEM for one of those?

Not sure how well a baseline Taurus actually corners compared to anything else, but when you've been driving a second-gen Ram as long as I have, EVERYTHING feels "sporty" in comparison, LOL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts