Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...what's everyone doing with their tax returns? I just filed. As for me, I plan on putting the majority of it in my savings....doesn't hurt to prepare for a rainy day.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I don't know what I'm doing with it yet. My W2s take forever to come in the mail.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
It'll probably go towards replenishing the car maintenance fund.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
My return was filed and accepted already, state and federal. I was waiting to file due to one student loan lender who had not released the interest statements yet. Did a dry run with last years interest numbers and turns out, I can't claim it this year anyway. AGI was too high. So I sumbitted already.

It gets deposited in the bank and sits there like the rest of my money. When I want something, I buy it. My GF and I are DINK and both have well paying jobs. We are putting aside for a house at some point. But I do think my bike needs a new exhaust :)

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I haven't filed yet. Will get some back from the fed I think, but the Governator says we will be getting IOUs from the state due to the current budget deficit/deadlock.

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Well for some reason, my job didn't take out federal or state taxes...so I OWE money...it's being put away until April...I am re-doing my W-4 too -_-

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ended up getting a decent federal refund. My state taxes were pretty spot on though, I ended up owing two dollars. :D I filed electronically. It did ask if I bought anything out of state that didn't get taxed so it could be charged to me....hmmm not that I remember. :p

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
I think I might buy a timing light with it.

If I get anything that is.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Many ways....

1. Take a week off work and put rest in the bank.
2. Look at an Xcal 3 from Paul
3. More likely save for future repairs on the bull since i'm about out of warranty anyway.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I haven't done my taxes yet, but I'll probably get like $7 back. I'm gonna blow it all on a DVD. Oh yes, I'm a rebel.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts