Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had some exhaust tips from a Cadillac STS laying around and I thought that they would look good on the Taurusaurus. The stock muffler had to go becasue it has an offset outlet that would have put the tips too far to the outside of the car.

So, I got a Thrust turbo-style muffler with a 2 1/4" offset inlet and 2 1/4" center outlet, a couple clamps and a generic hanger and went to it. 20 minutes later, you see the results. I love the look, it gives a little bit of flair to the bland back end.

Too bad that dual mufflers won't fit, because I have the matching passenger side tips... I'd love to have a quad-look rear...

The muffler is a hair louder than stock and does add a little extra push... all good...

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here it is from the top-down... the tips are behind the leading edge of the bumper, but a little bit in front of the trailing edge. They are slanted to match the curve of the STS bumper, but it's a pretty good match to a Taurus.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Very nice, looks much better than stock.

And a couple people have done dual exhaust on their G4's, you just gotta find a shop willing to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Is the passenger side tip all that different to the driver's side? I might be interested if you don't have any other plans for it :p

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 93taurusSX@Jul 28 2004, 09:01 PM
Is the passenger side tip all that different to the driver's side? I might be interested if you don't have any other plans for it :p
Yeah, it's too different... the tips slash cut and offset, so using the passenger side tip on the driver's side would have the outside tip farther out than the inside tip... that would look pretty silly.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Maybe you could let tremor know where you got the both of yours, so that he might be able to go out and get his own.

When I put my flows on, I'm going to use 2.25" or 2.5" chrome tips, with the tips chamfered. I was originally going to use downturns, so that it would "appear" to still be stock exhaust, but I've since decided to go with straight pipes. The chamfered ends was actually a suggestion from my gf.

JR

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Too bad that dual mufflers won't fit, because I have the matching passenger side tips... I'd love to have a quad-look rear...
pshh...my @$$ dual mufflers wont fit. Check around with local shops. dual mufflers isnt that tough actually. Just make sure you protect the fuel evaporation lines.

Heres a pic of mine. Get yours dualled, it will look hawt with those sts tips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts