Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the group and having problems with my 2013 Ford Taurus Limited. I drove it all day today, no problems. Got in it now and it won't start. It cranks, no warning lights at all, it just won't start. I had this problem a couple weeks ago and took it to the Ford dealer. They couldn't find any problems. We put a new fuel pump relay on it and it seemed to solve the problem until now. The Ford dealer thought it "might" be the fuel pump. I didn't want to put $600 in in if that wasn't the problem. Any ideas? We put a new battery in it a year ago, so that's not it. :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe fuel pump module which controls the pump.
Ok that is what we replaced the fuel pump module, (not the relay, like I previously stated). We did that 3 weeks ago and it ran fine. Yesterday was the first time we had driven it some distance. When we came home it would not start and will not start this morning. Not sure if driving it the distance did it. So aggravating. I guess the next step is the fuel pump. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and what they did to resolve it. When it happened the first time we had to have it hauled to the Ford dealer. Of course it started for them everytime and didn't throw any codes.

·
Administrator
14,917 Posts
Welcome to TCCA! To better assist you in getting the help you need please post your repair questions in the appropriate forum, many members will not see your questions in the intro forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts