Make sure they're 16 inch!! :)

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Some t-bird, cougar and lincoln mark 8.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Get the aluminum rims, not the steel ones. Before I bought this car, I also drove a SE with the steel rims (it had the same crappy Continental tires), the aluminum rims seem to ride better, also, they dissipate heat from the tires better than steel does (a concern for those like me that live in hot climates). All the 16 inch 4'th gen Taurus/Sable rims would work. Check out carparts.com, it will show pictures of the different style rims the Taurus came with that will fit.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
search IS your friend, READ TE STICKIES!!!!
Only after I posted this and came back from a junk yard, I found a sticky. Thanks.

The junk yard had all Ford passenger vehicles in one area. It was the largest in town. I think I checked all Fords there. But the wheels were of different design. By the way, I needed just 2, not 4.

I checked Windstar photo galleries on internet. Their wheels were of different design, though may fit mechanically.

·
Registered
797 Posts
It is true that some other cars Like Volvo and Lincolns with fit the bolt pattern. If the offset is not the same or very close it may look funny and cause premature wear on front end components.

I believe the offset is 42mm for the Taurus/Sable.

Also if the center bore is over sized you will have to take extra care to tighten the lug nuts as you will be going from a bore centric wheel to a lug centric wheel. There are bore spaces that can adjust for any differences but there is no guarantee you can get the size you need.

There are some websites that give the specs on many cars I just can't remember them as it has been a while.
Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
It is true that some other cars Like Volvo and Lincolns with fit the bolt pattern. If the offset is not the same or very close it may look funny and cause premature wear on front end components.
yes, and yes

I believe the offset is 42mm for the Taurus/Sable.
something like that

Also if the center bore is over sized you will have to take extra care to tighten the lug nuts as you will be going from a bore centric wheel to a lug centric wheel. There are bore spaces that can adjust for any differences but there is no guarantee you can get the size you need.
it's lug centric and HUB centric. and exactly.

There are some websites that give the specs on many cars I just can't remember them as it has been a while.
Good Luck.
HERE!!! and READ THE STICKIES

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Heres what came with my 2000 sable, they're stock 16's though they look aftermarket and don't have any emblems...

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.