Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's some places on Staten Island (and the other boroughs for that matter) where you'd never believe you're IN New York City. Great Kills Park is one of them, it's not even run by the city Parks Dept, rather the National Park Service's Gateway National Recreation Area. Took these shots around the park, and the last one was shot after a fresh wash & wax not too long ago at a local gas station, just 'cause I can...lol.

:ford:

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (Firespirit @ Apr 23 2009, 01:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719833
Imagine how much that would suck if the shift cable broke and the car suddenly moved itself out of park, :lol2:... Nice pics though.[/b]
LOL I had the emergency brake on just in case, but me and my friend were laughing about it too, what if.

It was funny when I got back in, because the car shifted so hard into reverse, and I had to do the two-pedal reverse, so it wouldn't slide into the water.

Back a few years ago, when I was stupid, I actually dipped part of my old Trailblazer's front nose into that same boat slip LOL. Steam everywhere.

I've also taken unsuspecting people that I'll be hanging out/driving around with to this boat slip and another one near me, telling them on the way there that I know a secret free car wash, then whip it close down one of these, and see their reaction LOL.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
G2s never look old...a great looking vehicle. Don't see many G2s as well taken care of as yours anymore. Keep her clean man, nice car B)

I think my car looks much better at night than during the day.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks bro! Yeah, I've noticed very few G2s around here that even come CLOSE to mine. I valet'd one last weekend from Jersey and it was completely ****-ifed, inside and out (181k miles). The only thing better on it than mine was the brakes.

I try and keep this one looking fresh, get it washed every few weeks when I have the cash and do whatever wax, detail spray, clay or whatever else I feel like doing at the time. It has some mechanicals that I want to tackle in the next few months, hopefully I can get my Lemons team guys (aka friends) to help me save money and fix some stuff without having to break the bank. There's a squeaky sound from the front, probably a strut or something. Also, it squeals loud coming from the front passenger side (same that has the squeak on bumps) when I turn the wheel to the right from center (not so much going back to center and not at all going left). Another annoying sound is the rattling (sounds like shaking a soda can tab inside an empty soda can) coming from under the hood. Originally I thought it was something under the engine, but it may be something belt related. And I still have to tackle that slow coolant leak, lol. Brakes could also stand to be replaced, needs front tires among other things. I don't mind putting some more money into this car if it'll keep going for another few years. I don't want to have to start paying out the ass for a new car + insurance while I'm still in school. AND I like this car haha.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 23 2009, 02:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=719842
G2s never look old...a great looking vehicle. Don't see many G2s as well taken care of as yours anymore. Keep her clean man, nice car B)

I think my car looks much better at night than during the day.[/b]
Sadly, in my area, I've seen just about as many clean looking G2's in the junkyard as I have seen driving on the road. :(

The G2's are my favorite body style too. Love the SHO slicers on yours BTW. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used to do several complete donuts and drifts with my old Trailblazer on those rocks.

Unfortunately they closed the big rock parking lot because of radiation found in the ballfields. Damn Staten Island.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
If Our Cars Could Speak...

Taurus on the boat-launch next to the water: "Hey, watch this. I'm gonna do a cannonball!"

Taurus on the boat-launch next to the water (from behind): "So... is there any other way to get across?"

Taurus on the gravel shoulder: "Seriously, can we just go now? I'm getting bored."

Taurus next to the gas pump at night: "BULL IS HUNGRY! MUST FEED BULL!!"

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (94 f0rd taurus @ Apr 23 2009, 08:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720071
Oh yea I heard about that whack ****.... I still love that beach tho but I refuse to drive the cobalt on those rocks lol[/b]
Yeah I blew a tire out in my old Camry on that ****, 'course I was speeding and cutting it fast left and right down that **** LOL. I used to shoot rocks and leave just patches of dirt with my Trailblazer, that was one quick 6 cyl. Man I miss the gravel and snow hoonage of cars/trucks past. I've considerably toned it down because I actually need this car for school. And its a TAURUS! lol

QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ Apr 23 2009, 10:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720121
If Our Cars Could Speak...

Taurus on the boat-launch next to the water: "Hey, watch this. I'm gonna do a cannonball!"

Taurus on the boat-launch next to the water (from behind): "So... is there any other way to get across?"

Taurus on the gravel shoulder: "Seriously, can we just go now? I'm getting bored."

Taurus next to the gas pump at night: "BULL IS HUNGRY! MUST FEED BULL!!"[/b]
Yeah I was thinking some kind of story too with the pictures, I wanted to get some more as there are so many good photo ops in that park, but I had stuff to do and the park police there are dicks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
QUOTE (RichmondParkway @ Apr 24 2009, 12:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720139
QUOTE (94 f0rd taurus @ Apr 23 2009, 08:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720071
Oh yea I heard about that whack ****.... I still love that beach tho but I refuse to drive the cobalt on those rocks lol[/b]
Yeah I blew a tire out in my old Camry on that ****, 'course I was speeding and cutting it fast left and right down that **** LOL. I used to shoot rocks and leave just patches of dirt with my Trailblazer, that was one quick 6 cyl. Man I miss the gravel and snow hoonage of cars/trucks past. I've considerably toned it down because I actually need this car for school. And its a TAURUS! lol
[/b][/quote]

Lmfao! Hey I never see you or any of your other friends at dunkin donuts anymore or was that a 1 time thing lol I know 1 of them works at soundsation. Next time you go for a photoshoot let me know I haven't done any photoshoots with other cars yet, I've been looking to.

QUOTE (RichmondParkway @ Apr 24 2009, 12:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720139
the park police there are dicks.[/b]
hmm i've never had any issues with them lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts