Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been posted MANY times on here that you can't wreck a bull... found that out today. :neutral:

Going down the dirt road I drive EVERY day both ways, and I hit ice... just before the S-curve. :glare:

I hit the brakes... turn the wheel left... one problem. The car doesn't slow down or go left... :noes:

I took out several small trees and snapped a road sign in half. :ph34r: I tried backing out but the wheels just spun so had to get a tow... The trees underneath were bent over flat to the ground and (apparently the sign has been hit before) it turns out there were several peices of metal sticking out of the ground from previous signs that had been broken off. The sign WAS about where my rear tire is in the pics. As you can see, I just short of a major electricity/phone pole and a high security heavy duty fence post. Luckily the only cosmetic damage to the car is the front plate frame is cracked. Sadly, I didn't get to drive it home because "my trans is gone", a quote from the tow truck driver... When shifted into gear it revvs, but the wheels don't turn. :icon_cry: Got it taken to my dad's dealer and it will get diagnosed tomorrow morning.

Looks like I'll have to resort to public transportation for a while... hopefully it'll get fixed SOON!

[attachmentid=22922]

[attachmentid=22923]

[attachmentid=22913]

[attachmentid=22914]

[attachmentid=22917]

[attachmentid=22919]

[attachmentid=22920]

[attachmentid=22921]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Damn, came out looking pretty clean for driving into a ditch. :ford:

I had some trouble with ice last night. I usually park out in the road, but the plow didn't plow the street wide enough. So I had to shovel the spot out. I temporarily parked in my driveway. Big Mistake.

I live on a hill, and what's worse is that my driveway is this curved downward hill. So even though I was right at the top, it was enough of an incline and there was enough ice to get me stuck.

What made everything worse was the fact that the heat from my spinning tires would melt the ice, then the water would refreeze into more smooth, more slippery, ice. At one point I accidentally bounced it off the limiter in reverse trying to get out of the goddam driveway. I was afraid I was gonna screw up my tranny last night. Took me a half hour to finally get out of there.

I. HATE. WINTER.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
I ended up in a ditch while riding with a friend in his passat. Taking a corner the traction control kicked in and the car understeered into a ditch.

As far as bouncing off the limiter while spinning I've done that a few times. It's real bad when the snow turns to ice and your subframe freezes.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, came out looking pretty clean for driving into a ditch. :ford:

[/b]
yeah, most of the dirt is left over from this autumn, the ditch didn't really add too much! Plus, this color hides dirt like a NINJA! :ph34r: :lol2:

it's happened lots where from on an angle my car looks perfectly clean, then I'd walk around to the side and realize it's caked in mud...

as for the cosmetics, my bumper still hadn't been replaced from last winter's accident... so it already had some cracks and scrapes. In the spring, I got a new fender, new headlight, and had the front end pulled straight but the bumper wasnt too bad so I wasn't in too much of a rush to replace it.

It's kind of ironic... I finally found a cheap, new old stock bumper. I was supposed to pick it up tonight. That obviously DIDN'T happen, :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
:crybabysmiley: :crybabysmiley: :crybabysmiley: :icon_cry:

I hope it works out for you.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Snow tires are. I can think of a few wrecks I would have been in if I didn't have snow tires.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Doubt the trans is dead. I bet a hose or line broke and it pumped out the fluid, dosen't take long. Run the diagnoses by us if they claim it's dead once it's in the shop.

·
Registered
600 Posts
how much damage is done to the car

any cause the pic sure shows none at all

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Doubt the trans is dead. I bet a hose or line broke and it pumped out the fluid, dosen't take long. Run the diagnoses by us if they claim it's dead once it's in the shop.
[/b]
he said it is his dads shop I kind of doubt they will rip him off ;)

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
So... what's that white crap on the ground...? lol

Glad you're okay, though. Cars are replaceable. People aren't.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
he said it is his dads shop I kind of doubt they will rip him off ;)
[/b][/quote]
Oops, I missed that part :rofl2:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good news! I'm going to go pick it up tonight. The transmission pan had a hole in it so that was fixed, and my "freeon" leaked out or something, so my A/C might not work anymore.

So in the end, everything is back to normal except the A/C but I won;t find out for sure about that until the summer.

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Good for you! :)

Not much is shittier feeling than unresponsive car at speed. :S

·
Registered
169 Posts
ya i def. ended up on same dudes front lawn last nite in the taurus. i jumped the curb sideways and ended up breaking my right front strut.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Good news! I'm going to go pick it up tonight. The transmission pan had a hole in it so that was fixed, and my "freeon" leaked out or something, so my A/C might not work anymore.

So in the end, everything is back to normal except the A/C but I won;t find out for sure about that until the summer.
[/b]
I am glad you and the bull is okay. They are very sturdy cars.

You might want that A/C fixed now. When you turn on the defrost, it does use the A/C compressor. Your windows will be a lot more foggy this winter if its not fixed up.

Hopefully you can make it out to a meet (if we ever hold one!)

1 - 20 of 76 Posts