Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks, I read somewhere that some owners had issues with transmissions slipping and front brake problems. Does anyone know if these issues has been fixed by Ford or maybe the 2012 models may not have these problems?

Thanks

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Thanks, I read somewhere that some owners had issues with transmissions slipping and front brake problems. Does anyone know if these issues has been fixed by Ford or maybe the 2012 models may not have these problems?

Thanks
I would start by checking over the forums for that gen, we've seen a few issues but I don't remember seeing people complain of transmission issues, there has been some complaint of that with the new Fiesta though. I don't recall any large brake issues, but you'll have to do some reading to be sure.

5th and 6th Gen Maintenance and Repair - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
5th and 6th Gen Engine and Drivetrain - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
5th and 6th Gen Suspension, Handling and Brakes - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
5th and 6th Gen Aesthetics, Interior, Wheels and Tires - Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Over at the SHO Forum there have been reports that the 4WD failures and other problems. There are a few companies that offer tunes that seem to help with performance. I test drove and checked the SHO out when they first came out, but decided to go with another car.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.